Author Topic: UPHP is never to be blocked!  (Read 3931 times)

windrider

UPHP is never to be blocked!
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
 >:(

USER HIVE PROFILE CLEAN UP SERVICE FOR WINDOWS XP SHOULD BE SAFE! I INSTALLED IT TO KEEP MY XP INSTALLATION ERROR FREE SO THE REGISTRY CAN BE FREED UP FOR REFRESHING MY XP PROFILE!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6676

AVAST CAUSED THESE 2 ERRORS:

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the User Profile Hive Cleanup service to connect.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. EVENT ID 7009

AND

The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. EVENT ID:7000

BECAUSE IT WAS BLOCKED! BAD NO NO AVAST! THIS HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED AND IT'S NOT UP TO THE USER TO KNOW BECAUSE MOST DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS MORE ADVANCED PC USERS!

INSTALLATION PATH:
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\UPHCLEAN.EXE

I PROVIDED A SCREENSHOT AS PROOF AND CAPS INTENDED BECAUSE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT BUT YOU REFUSE TO FIX THIS!!

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: UPHP is never to be blocked!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »
Hi windriver, thanks for the screenshot.

windrider

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »
Thanks, I hope Avast realizes this. I would think they would treat it the same with Vista/7 machines as this same service I hear is implemented in those operating systems.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
If you haven't done so already you can add it to the trusted processes.

I had mine in there when I used it, but I honestly didn't find it made much difference on this XP Pro system, it was still slow shutting down. I removed UPHClean, then months later XP shutdown has speeded up considerable for no apparent reason.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bs

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »
Hi!
I tested this with the latest (7.0.1474) version and i dont have this problem.
Ensure, that
REAL-TIME SHIELDS -> Behavior Shield -> Expert Settings -> Action to take
isnt set to Block.
If you dont set this to Block, you can try to reinstall avast, this might help.

windrider

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:05:41 PM »
No thats not gonna fly. Your team has to do more bug checking before any release.  Do not ever taint a possible sale when you know it can be resolved! This is one example why some people wont update to a new version! I'd rather have to wait a while and have stability than a total hiccup!
 >:(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:09:55 PM by windrider »