Author Topic: Still no auto update  (Read 3397 times)

dooley

Still no auto update
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:34:31 AM »
I have tried everything I can think of to get auto-update working again, seems to have stopped after either going on to a  DSL connection or the latest  603 program, got them both about the same time so don't know which
 to blame, even an uninstall, download & install of Avast4 Home 4.6.603  /   0508.4  did not help.
My o/s - Windows ME -  Zone Alarm -  DSL connection.
Avast settings -  Update (basic) - "automatic" selected on both virus database & program. ("Update now" does not work, just sits there) - Proxy server settings, "Direct connection" selected, (have tried "Auto detect") - Update (connections) - "I only connect using dial-up" selected.
These 3 programs all have access in Zone Alarm -
 Avast4\setup\avast.setup --- Avast4\setup\setup.ovr --- Avast4\ASHMAISV.EXE ---   would appreciate any help.

scaa

Re: Still no auto update
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:48:33 AM »
Try add/remove programs>avast antivirus and then repair in the dialog box while connected to the internet.
This might help ;)

dooley

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 11:07:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply scaa, sorry to say it didn't help.

Spyros

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:14:58 AM »
Have you tried disabling your Firewall for a while and then try? Also -if you are using XP- disable the windows firewall.

dooley

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »
yes I have tried turning off the firewall Spyros, and no I have Windows ME

Spyros

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 11:29:06 AM »
Hmmm, something more drastic then? Why don't you uninstall ZA, clean the registry, reboot and then try again? 99% of that sort of trouble comes from the firewalls...