Author Topic: Mail "show detailed info" message duration  (Read 6157 times)

b00sfuk

Mail "show detailed info" message duration
« on: February 24, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »
Is there any way (avast.ini etc.) to change the duration of the on screen message when scanning via the mail scanner.  I would like to shorten it a little as the ones now with NNTP get in the way a little, especially when they stack over my Xnews statusbar.   I don't want to turn them off completely as it is so useful with e-mail to see what has just arrived.  Thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Mail "show detailed info" message duration
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:01:11 AM »
I'm afraid it's not possible.
I guess I could add an ini-file parameter that would make it possible to change the default value (4 seconds) - but keep in mind that this setting would affect all the on-access scanner messages the same way (e-mail, news, web shield, standard shield, ...)

b00sfuk

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »
OK, thanks, it would be a nice to have but not a priority.  I understand it applies to all messages but a value lower would be useful.

Thanks for a great release.     

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »
I guess I wasn't looking deeply enough.
The possibility is actually there - you can change it with ShowTime value in [AAVM] section of avast4.ini file (value in seconds).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 03:29:45 PM »
Thanks Igor...
It's taking me hard to let the avast4.ini file thread updated... So many new values  ;)
Pk promissed that will send me a RTF (or DOC) file with descriptions of the new items  :-\ :'(
The best things in life are free.

b00sfuk

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 09:23:12 PM »
The possibility is actually there - you can change it with ShowTime value in [AAVM] section of avast4.ini file (value in seconds).

Brilliant, thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 09:52:41 AM »
Pk promissed that will send me a RTF (or DOC) file with descriptions of the new items  :-\ :'(

Well, I'm not sure if it helps much... I mean, the values are not stored in one place (that's why I overlooked this one at first and found it as late as I was trying to implement this feature), so they may be hard to find.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if it helps much... I mean, the values are not stored in one place (that's why I overlooked this one at first and found it as late as I was trying to implement this feature), so they may be hard to find.

Yes, it will help. He told me yesterday he's making his best.
If we can't get all of them, well, the easiest ones  ;D

What about a page for settings into avast! (GUI) avoiding the manual editing the avast4.ini file?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 01:03:24 PM »
What about a page for settings into avast! (GUI) avoiding the manual editing the avast4.ini file?

I and a few others will second that, if you do it, I would also suggest a restore defaults button. So anyone who has been a bit adventurous and has experienced a problem can restore default settings and hopefully resolve the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 01:27:34 PM »
If you do it

I don't know programming  :-[ :-[

I would also suggest a restore defaults button. So anyone who has been a bit adventurous and has experienced a problem can restore default settings and hopefully resolve the problem.

Sure, I forgot to mention this, this is a must have  :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 01:39:26 PM »
If you do it

I don't know programming  :-[ :-[

If you do it, should really read 'if avast! do it' e.g if avast choose to take up your suggestion of a new settings page.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security