Author Topic: Keyboard not responding during boot-time scan  (Read 2205 times)

Zrstultz

Keyboard not responding during boot-time scan
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
Hi

I'm running avast version 7.0.1474 in windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I attempted a boot time scan this morning during which it found a Trojan and asked what action i would like to perform. My keyboard (k520 wireless logitech) wouldn't transmit any input to the scan and I had to restart my computer to get anywhere at all. My questions are: do I have any fixes to allow this keyboard to work during boot-scan or do I have any alternatives for input without having to buy a wired keyboard? Or can I change my boot scan settings to move threats to chest? I understand the delete option isn't recommended as it may delete important system files so is the chest option a soft alternative to this? Or is there another option where maybe the software could simply log the virus location and I could handle it upon startup? I did perform a normal the other day that came up clean so I think boot-scan will be necessary to clean up my system.

Thanks,
Zack

Southern Man

Re: Keyboard not responding during boot-time scan
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
Hi,

Weird that  :o because i had exactly the same problem with my wireless labtec keyboard and mouse recently during boot time scan and after pc bootup nothing worked?,happened once or twice before?,thought it might be batteries in keyboard had to reset wireless red switch and keyboard red switch and mouse red switch,happened a few times before,do not know if it is connected,no viruses detected on scans at bootup or otherwise.

southern man :o