Author Topic: News Notifications  (Read 1868 times)

AlphaUMi

News Notifications
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to disable the news notification panel that pops up with the update panel in the bottom right corner of the screen? It appears from time to time, but I prefer not to have it...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: News Notifications
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
Hello!

There is a way to disable the news notification panel that pops up with the update panel in the bottom right corner of the screen? It appears from time to time, but I prefer not to have it...

Select the Update settings for it. Or even more, choose Silent/Game Mode.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: News Notifications
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
Short answer is that you can't just remove that element; it is piggy backed on to the update notification. So you would also have to stop the update notification as well. Whilst Techs suggestion is one option, but it impacts on all pop-ups.

You can either disable the update notification avastUI, Settings, Updates, Details, Update Options and uncheck the 'Show notification box after automatic update' option. Or reduce the duration for that pop-up, avastUI, Settings, Popups, Update popups, reduce that to 1 or 2 seconds (enough for notification) don't try 0 as that is just ignored.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security