Author Topic: Outlook plugin issue  (Read 3103 times)

I-Vladimir

Outlook plugin issue
« on: February 28, 2005, 05:35:52 AM »
Hi,
I did more test tried to turn the silent mode for Outlook e-mails. Unfortunately.
But got another issue. I tried to send a test zip with about 70 files (all of them presumably were viruses). I set to check my attachments. During the send avast continuously asked me about the actions and finally Outlook crashed. Tried to restart outlook - got error messages (something like "couldn't connect to avast service") and had to install/install Avast.
I turned the attachments scan off, sent the zip and got another outlook crash during the receive of the zip when I had to select an action for infected files.

Also IMO a disadvantage Avast doesn't try to locate a password in the message body for attached encrypted zip file.

Vladimir

P.S. The silent mode IMO is a must. Such kind of software should work silently without any user interventaion (at least with such ability). At least for me skins and other types of "entertainments" are not important. Imagine if you left your kids playing at your computer with Outlook loaded ...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Outlook plugin issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 10:01:24 AM »
Hmm... could you get me the ZIP file in question? Thanks. :-\
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.