Author Topic: Custom scan revealed threats in memory  (Read 12406 times)

RishR

Re: Custom scan revealed threats in memory
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
Thanks for all your help, appreciate it ;)

Rish

RishR

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
My system has been running slow for the last day or so, I thought something else might be wrong. I looked through the list of active processes and services but that all seems fine except Spybot is using a lot of memory and CPU when it is running but other than that everything looks fine. Next I looked at the list of blocked programs on start-up by Windows Defender and something caught my eye. There is a file name listed there which was an infection that was removed with the help of Pondus and Essexboy off my system a few days ago.

Is the file still on my system in some way, the attachment shows the windows defender screen.

Rish

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
I looked through the list of active processes and services but that all seems fine except Spybot is using a lot of memory and CPU when it is running but other than that everything looks fine.
SpyBot is waste of disk space....you dont need it if you have avast and malwarebytes

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2261193,00.asp
Bottom Line
Spybot's skill at cleaning up malware-infested systems is mediocre, and it has almost no ability to protect a clean system. Back in its heyday it was deservedly popular, but that day has long passed. For modern threats you'll need a modern spyware protector.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412372,00.asp
Bottom Line
Spybot was one of the first antispyware tools ever. It's been dormant for a while. Now Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.0 promises to destroy "spyware, malware, adware and other malicious software." In testing, it proved almost 100 percent ineffective.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
No the defender bit is just a history of items blocked