Author Topic: OptionNetExplorer Updated not allowed by Avast  (Read 1308 times)

Yellowroadbike

OptionNetExplorer Updated not allowed by Avast
« on: February 20, 2013, 02:48:02 PM »
Hi, I have been using OptionNetExplorer for a couple of years without any issue.  They did an update last week.  I updated and I believe that I was able to use it for a day or two.  Yesterday, I could not sign in.  I contacted the Software house THJ Systems and they took command of my computer and everything was fine.  I removed the program, restarted the computer, reloaded the software and did not get any indication from Avast that there was a problem.  The application would not start - it says that there was a problem with the server.  I turned off Web Protection and the program ran fine.  So, I typed in the full name of the ONE software and that did not solve the issue.

I updated this on my Laptop that uses the Free Avast software and it works fine over there.

What do I do next?  BTW THJ Systems said it runs fine under Norton and passes all the tests there so I should check with Avast

Roger

Yellowroadbike

Re: OptionNetExplorer Updated not allowed by Avast
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »
I am using Avast Internet Security, Windows 7 Home Premium

Yellowroadbike

Re: OptionNetExplorer Updated not allowed by Avast
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
I called support and they were not able to get me going.  There is now a support ticket.  I did the clean installs of both Avast 7 Internet Protection and OptionNetExplorer.  Only showed once that Avast didn't like the signing of the program.  It gave me the option to continue and I did.  The OptonNetExplorer was blocked. 

As this is a program I use daily in my business, I have to do something.  So, until there is some resolution I will remove Internet Protection and use the Free program.