Author Topic: Uninstall compeditor's AV  (Read 5182 times)

e2p2

Uninstall compeditor's AV
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »
Does the Install package generated by the ASA remove/uninstall competitors products?  When I installed the package to a system that has Microsoft's Forefront Endpoint Client it did not remove it.

utdpauls

Re: Uninstall compeditor's AV
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »
In my very limited experience, Avast will happily install on a box that is running Windows Defender or McAfee antivirus without disturbing the existing install.  I think you're going to have to uninstall the other software separately, if that's your goal.

crismian

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:03 AM »
the microsoft antivirus turns off automatically when you install any other antivirus
Sorry for my bad English

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »
Unfortunately we do not have a removal tool but we will be working on a tool very soon to remove 3rd party software, the problem is that typically it's best to use their tool due to the amount of hidden files that can be installed on the OS. So it's best practice, to remove the AV with their uninstall tool then install the Avast client since there will be issues when installing if remnants of the previous AV is still there.

I hope this resolves your issue but if you have any other questions please feel free to post again.

Kind Regards,

Che'

mrjohncool30

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:03 AM »
If you are in need of a removal tool depending on the Anti Virus Software and any other software your best Freeware I can suggest would be Revo Uninstaller. This program is great tool Free or Paid for removing Software/Freeware, Registry files and Left over files. There is another one you can use that is also Free/Paid as well and it's called Glary Utilities. If this is Norton or McAfee then you can Google Norton/McAfee Removal Tool. The two suggestions I have would be better off as sometimes their tools don't always get everything.