Author Topic: Won't install to computers not on the domain  (Read 2423 times)

REDACTED

Won't install to computers not on the domain
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »
EDIT
No longer relevant since I've removed avast altogether.  Spontaneous, uncontrollable reboots create way to many problems.

Thanks anyway.

I'm just beginning my deployment of Avast using Small Office Administrator and while I seem to have no issues with deploying to Domain members, attempting to install on non Domain members fails each time.  I suspect it's an authentication problem, but I can't seem to find a way to have it use a local account instead of a Domain account for authentication.

Any ideas or tips ??
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:00:16 PM by libtech »

REDACTED

Re: Won't install to computers not on the domain
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
For future reference, you (the admin) control if/when a computer restarts after deployments and updates. The restarts are not spontaneous, they are based on settings in your deployment package.

Offline /# Thomas #/

Re: Won't install to computers not on the domain
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
For anyone else who may come across this topic:

In order to deploy to machine not on the domain, you must create and run an installation package using the installer deployment option. I have deployed successfully to two Windows 7 Home Edition laptops (not on a domain) this way.

As mentioned, you may specify the reboot options in the deployment package settings. You can also configure reboot options for updates as well.

/* Thomas */