Author Topic: Firewall exception for Trade Architect  (Read 6396 times)

Turner1

Firewall exception for Trade Architect
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
I downloaded the free Avast Antivirus last night and now I'm having problems with the TD Ameritrade Trade Architect streaming.  I called Ameritrade and was told it was a firewall issue with Avast and I needed make a firewall exception for Ameritrade so it could stream.  The person had no idea how to do this except to contact Avast.  I've been trying to figure out how to do this with no luck.  Any suggestions?  I suspect that Ameritrade won't be the website I will need to make an exception for.  Otherwise I won't have a choice but to uninstall Avast. 

This is what Ameritrade sent me as help:

Thank you for contacting TD Ameritrade.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  A firewall controls traffic between a computer and a network to help ensure that only legitimate traffic takes place. A firewall also disguises and hides the presence of computers behind it, making it more difficult for potential intruders to find and attack them.

You should use both a hardware firewall and a software firewall on your own computer at all times, especially if you are using always-on broadband Internet access (such as cable, DSL, or fiber optic, which is "always on" unless you physically disconnect it).

The domains, IP addresses, and ports below can be allowed or added as exceptions on any firewalls you may have with anti-virus programs or router firewalls. TD Ameritrade Technology Support can only list what needs to be added or allowed and does not officially support walking a client through how to add or allow these exceptions as there are too many anti-virus brands and manufacturers of routers to know the steps to them all. If a you have a question on how to allow these, you must contact their anti-virus company or the manufacturer of the router.

Domain Names:
wwws.ameritrade.com
www.tdameritrade.com
ameritrade02.streamer.co

IP Addresses for  Trade Architect:

Ports:
80 & 443 (for orders & account information)
7001 & 7002 (for Streaming Quotes)
843 (Flash port used for Trade Architect)

Turner1

Re: Firewall exception for Trade Architect
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
I forgot to mention but I declined making Google Chrome my default webpage.  I don't know if this is a factor.  Hopefully, it's not because I don't want Google Chrome.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »
Except avast! for Mac doesn't have a firewall.

Turner1

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:19:24 AM »
I have no idea what's going on then.  I just know that I'm having issues.  I guess I will have to uninstall.  Urgh.  Thanks.