Author Topic: I am looking for a website for Instruction  (Read 5015 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
I am looking for a website for Instruction
« on: March 01, 2005, 03:20:25 AM »
A friend of mind Peter is going to removed Norton Anti-virus, and he is going to install the Avast Home Edition.

Peter has ask me if the there is a complete Instruction website on how to used Avast Home Edition with words and pictures on the latest version, so he can learn and understand how to operate Avast and how to protect his PC from virus.

Thanks
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

emma

Re: I am looking for a website for Instruction
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 03:41:30 AM »
Speedy, there is a Help in the Avast.  It should give all the information one would need to get started.  It is long and takes some studying but I think it is thorough.  I am sure after your friend studies it, everything will make sense.  And of course you can help your friend too.

Four years ago when I got my computer I got a virus.  I spent all night reading my virus Help.  It was a nightmare because I had not looked at the Help before.  The first thing I did when I got avast was head for the Help.  I may not understand it all, but I became familiar with it so that when I did run into trouble I could refer to it. 
I still may need help from the Support or Forum and I am sure your friend will find help here too. 
So I suggest an evening at home with a good book...Avast Help  :)

Oh, the pictures are right on the computer.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 03:43:17 AM »
I've being writing this answer and emma was faster  :)
Anyway...

A friend of mind Peter is going to removed Norton Anti-virus, and he is going to install the Avast Home Edition.

Find Bob3160 signature and his homepage... You'll find a good manual for NAV removal.

Peter has ask me if the there is a complete Instruction website on how to used Avast Home Edition with words and pictures on the latest version, so he can learn and understand how to operate Avast and how to protect his PC from virus.

Unfortunatelly, there are such a manual...
Why doesn't he read the help files, register in the forum and ask here any doubt?
The best things in life are free.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 03:47:39 AM »
Emma 'Heads Up' I think you know what I mean  :)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 03:52:04 AM »
[

Find Bob3160 signature and his homepage... You'll find a good manual for NAV removal.

Technical I have already given that information to Peter on how to remove the NAV from Bob.

Peter like to see a complete full Instruction on how to the product with pictures and guildlines instead of read the Avast Help section cause this make it a lot easy for him to understand, sometime the help section doesn't give enough information for what he might need. I have already told him to join the Avast forum website if he has got any question.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 03:53:44 AM »
I have already told him to join the Avast forum website if he has got any question.

We're waiting for him  8)
The best things in life are free.