Author Topic: Avast UNSECURED. WHy??  (Read 2427 times)

mrkterns00

Avast UNSECURED. WHy??
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
I have the free version, I just updated the software today because I havent been on this computer since 2008.

My avast wont connect, it wont update definitions, it wont scan any files, I checked my firewall settings and allowed it. When I click the "fix it" button, it wont connect, it asks for permission, but when I click ok, nothing happens. I registered the product. It says it's successfully registered, when I login to my account via online, it says no devices are found. On the taskbar on the far right, it has a red X by it. I dont have any other software that scans for viruses. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm really disappointed. It says avast is not connected with any account, I click connect, login, then it just leads to the my.avast.com page and nothing becomes accomplished. My license key is fine and expires March 28th.

Underneath fix now, it says The avast antivirus program has stopped, or is in an inconsistent state. Please re-start the program to resume protecting your system. I hit start program, it again asks for permission, I click ok, and nothing happens. Please help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast UNSECURED. WHy??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
I just updated the software today because I havent been on this computer since 2008.
what AV did you have before avast?

try avast repair

controlpanel > ad remove > avast > uninstall > repair option.....wait two minutes and reboot

any change?

mrkterns00

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
Not sure what I had before, just tried it now, will let you know! I think it was doing this before, that's why I upgraded it. It wasnt connecting before me updating it..

Did the repair, rebooting now.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:38:55 PM »
any previous used AV must be uninstalled before installing avast..
then run the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict
you find the tools here  http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

mrkterns00

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:47:25 PM »
7.0.1466 isnt the most recent version? It says update, I'm further than I am before though. Need to update definitions and version. At least it says secure now. Thanks guys, havent been to that link yet though in the 3rd post.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »
you find latest here if not able to update with the program itselfe    http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/