Author Topic: getting more and more worried about what avast is becomming  (Read 3429 times)

zzcool

getting more and more worried about what avast is becomming
« on: February 28, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »
i have been a avast user ever since the interface looked like a stereo and had two notification icons one of which you could hide i have always been happy with avast sleek simple fast not in the way

a year ago or so i ordered 3 years of INTERNET SECURITY i did this because i knew i would be proteced for many years to come and that i would never have to worry about antivirus again i also knew i was getting the best version of avast

now avast 8 releases with a new version called premier i now have greyed out buttons in something i THOUGHT was the best version

ontop of that i have all community features hidden but the market can't be hidden anymore no matter what you do

i am worried about what avast is becoming and that i actually paid to be part of it as i don't feel like they care at all anymore just phase us IS users out (many IS users might not feel the same as i do but i feel like this)

and ontop of that the market that used to be hidable is now permanently visible

true indian

Re: getting more and more worried about what avast is becomming
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
zzcool,dont worry avast! team still takes every opinion and decides whats the best..and avast will never turn in the direction you talk  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »
IS isn't being phased out, Premium is being phased in to include other functions and costs more than IS, now if you don't need those functions, no problem IS will continue.

Who sits staring at the Home page of the UI, it has zero information and most people once they open the first time are likely to open the Security tile.  The Security, Summary displaying something like the information on all shields like the avast 7 Real-Time Shield protection screen but not displayed as the large segmented cheese.

That really is the most useful of the other sections, once selected if you close the UI and open it again it will be at the Security > Summary screen, so you only need to see that metro clone screen once when you first restart your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zzcool

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
IS isn't being phased out, Premium is being phased in to include other functions and costs more than IS, now if you don't need those functions, no problem IS will continue.

Who sits staring at the Home page of the UI, it has zero information and most people once they open the first time are likely to open the Security tile.  The Security, Summary displaying something like the information on all shields like the avast 7 Real-Time Shield protection screen but not displayed as the large segmented cheese.

That really is the most useful of the other sections, once selected if you close the UI and open it again it will be at the Security > Summary screen, so you only need to see that metro clone screen once when you first restart your system.

to have a greyed out button in something i paid that much money for is not something i feel very safe/good about

if the premier features were cheap upgrades to premier ontop of IS

75% off upgrading to premier from IS 13$

but you would have to buy an entirely new version and repay all those years AGAIN for those features

i would feel alot better about this if the greyed out buttons were removed atleast then i don't have to be reminded of it
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:47:40 PM by zzcool »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
to have a greyed out button in something i paid that much money for is not something i feel very safe/good about

What feature is greyed out in your IS, exactly?

but you would have to buy an entirely new version and repay all those years AGAIN for those features

We will be providing a program to update from IS to Premier shortly.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

zzcool

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 05:51:41 PM »

What feature is greyed out in your IS, exactly?

We will be providing a program to update from IS to Premier shortly.

Thanks
Vlk

there is a button in access anywhere thats greyed out useless for IS users

but if you are providing a cheap way to upgrade to PREMIER then that would be great