Poll

As we have just released our new major version (V8), we would love to hear your feedback. So, how did we do?

It's great. I love it.
191 (28.4%)
So far so good. It is an improvement over V7 but we will see.
165 (24.5%)
About the same as V7
50 (7.4%)
I don't like the new version. Where can I get the download links for V7?
167 (24.8%)
It's rubbish.
100 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: How do you like Avast V8?  (Read 233483 times)

Offline cynderella28

Re: Poll: How do you like Avast V8?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
Don't like the GUI right now, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

I like the protection, so the appearance isn't that important.
Windows 7 | IE9  | Firefox | avast! 2014.9.0.2021| CCleaner | Malwarebytes | Spywareblaster 5.0

Avastlover24

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
I'm loving the version 8, thank you avast team. 2 years + and I've forgot how it is to have a virus...

Best AV software out there.

love ya

DBone

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:22 PM »
Looks different than 7, but that seems to be where the major differences start & end.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster

Defence

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
I want firewall for free version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »

Don't want much do you, there have to be differences in the free and paid versions or why would people buy the Pro or AIS versions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

warlock

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
I like it, well, aside from the pointless use of round corners and even more pointless home tab. And even though I have AIS, I have to agree with free users, that the UI needs more contrast. Especially the orange text on white. The orange needs to be a tad darker and the menu on left should use OpenSans Semibold instead of Regular.

Reikki

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »
I think avast! 8 is amazing. I for one love the new GUI of the free version.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:52 AM »
If you truly cared about a firewall, you would've payed for Internet Security.

http://www.avast.com/internet-security
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 01:13:35 AM »
If you truly cared about a firewall, you would've payed for Internet Security.

http://www.avast.com/internet-security
+1  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Kilia

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 02:33:27 AM »
Tried it and don't really care for it......just a personal opinion, of course, but I prefer Version 7 and will continue to use it. I don't need or want a lot of the new features...a good example is the firewall.....I have one that works perfectly. Also, I dont like the new GUI at all. I'm used to Version 7 and REALLY like it's layout. Not to mention the fact that I don't like ANYTHING about Windows 8 or it's "look". I still use XP with service pack 3 and it run's like a charm on 3 flight simulators and everything else. Of course I DO know how to maintain the machine and that means a LOT  ;) That's my 2 cents...LOL

Radioman
Same here Radioman. This 72 year old bird can't cope with the new one. Will stay on 7.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 02:55:01 AM »
Tried it and don't really care for it......just a personal opinion, of course, but I prefer Version 7 and will continue to use it. I don't need or want a lot of the new features...a good example is the firewall.....I have one that works perfectly. Also, I dont like the new GUI at all. I'm used to Version 7 and REALLY like it's layout. Not to mention the fact that I don't like ANYTHING about Windows 8 or it's "look". I still use XP with service pack 3 and it run's like a charm on 3 flight simulators and everything else. Of course I DO know how to maintain the machine and that means a LOT  ;) That's my 2 cents...LOL

Radioman
Same here Radioman. This 72 year old bird can't cope with the new one. Will stay on 7.

Look at my profile. :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Kilia

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02:02 AM »

Radioman

Look at my profile. :)
Then, you're a hell of alot smarter than I am, jadinolf .  ;)

true indian

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 04:33:01 AM »
I truely love avast 8...the new under the hood improvements like evo-gen and filerepmalware are amazing and awaiting more!! ;D