Author Topic: Server not listed  (Read 7490 times)

troyteck

Server not listed
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Greetings,

I have installed the AEA server and, upon first start, no server is recognized to log in to.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product several times now trying to solve problems with pushing installations to clients and such.  For each uninstall, I have deleted the entire AVAST server and MS SQL server.

I believe I have followed the provided instructions during each install, but am not having success in getting the product to succeed.  On earlier install, I was able to log in as admin and discover computers on my network, but I could not push an install to a client computer.  Now, I am not able to log in to the AEA console after a new install from scratch.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Che Johnson

Re: Server not listed
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »
What is the OS of the servers you are using?

troyteck

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
I am using a workstation with Win 7 Pro SP1.

wpn

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 03:29:28 PM »
check in the SERVICES msc if the services are running.

I stumbled upon this part of the forum, which seems redundant to me (although its specified as USA) since there is a support part for the business product already at:   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:38:11 PM by wpn »

troyteck

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:21 PM »
Good call.   The AVAST Enterprise Administration Server is set to start automatically but had not started.  When I try to do a manual start, I get:  Error 42000:  0xa410  and the service will not start.

Che Johnson

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
It sounds as if the installation was corrupted and the SQL not installed correctly due to the error code after trying to manually start the services.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90807.msg722025#msg722025

So, first try to check the database in the EAS Maintenance and check database, if corrupted try to delete or generate the database.  If all fails then I recommend to reinstall but using the following link below when installing the SQL. 

http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1286&nav=0,1,23,727

If you continue to have problems please let us know at edu@avast.com

Che Johnson

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
In addition,

If - unable to "Create DB" due to the following errors occur:

"*: Cannot initialize data source, error 0x80004005..."

"Cannot check whether database exists, error: 42000"

Manually create a new instance and try to install the EA in that new instance. Then create a new database via the EA maintenance tool which will be placed in this new instance.

ServerName\ServerInstance

If the problem still occurs, then you may need to install the EA itself as there could be an issue with EA. Make sure your using the latest instance.

troyteck

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Thanks much for the information and suggestions.  I will be using them immediately.