Author Topic: Unable To Access eMail With MailShield Enabled  (Read 13169 times)

Offline joelw135

Re: Unable To Access eMail With MailShield Enabled
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »
I am using thunderbird (current version) and Mountain Lion (current version), Avast (current version). I have a pop account using SSL/TLS and 3 gmail accounts using IMAP, no mail comes in until I disable MailShield, I don't get any errors just no mail. Once I disable MailShield I get all my mail, this has only been an issue since the last Avast update. I see comments about the certs, is there a link to a step by step of how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Chceck if you have the "avast! trusted CA" certificate installed in Thunderbird and that it matches the certificate in the "System Roots" keychain. If it is missing or not matching, export the certificate from the keychain and import it into Thunderbird
  • Look into the system log file (/var/log/system.log) for com.avast.proxy messages, they will give you most likely the info what's going on.

In my root certificates I have 1 that says "avast! trusted CA" in Thunderbird I have 2, how do I delete all but the one I need?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:02:42 AM by joelw135 »

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »
That screenshot doesn't look anything like the current builds GUI of Thunderbird for mac.

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
Thx for the confirmation.

Mity

Offline joelw135

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
Thx for the confirmation.

Mity

It is Thunderbird 20, so I downgraded to version 17. I am testing now.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:00:40 PM by joelw135 »