Author Topic: Hello + my personal review about Avast!  (Read 6343 times)

Newton

Hello + my personal review about Avast!
« on: February 27, 2005, 08:09:33 PM »
Hello,

This is my first post, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. ;)

More importantly, I want to say I absolutely like the Avast home antivirus program.

To make a long story short, about a month ago I had to change my antivirus software because it did not satisfy me anymore. So I went along and tried not less than twelve different trial versions.

On the 12 different antivirus sotware I tried, I only found two that could satisfy me. Most of them either used waaaaay too much resources, either were not stable at all. Some of them also slowed down my modem connection to the Internet to almost total freeze.  :-*

So I ended up choosing Avast because of :

1 - Its stability : no PC crash since one month caused by the antivirus.

2 - It doesn't prevent any program to run. Some of the antivirus software I tried were totally allergic to certain programs running, like several DOS-mode games.

3 - Its interface : enough options to choose from, and the skin capability, probably unique amongst antivirus programs.

4 - It doesn't use too much resources or take complete control of your PC. Most of the other antivirus use way too much resources and take too much control. Not Avast.

That's about it.

By the way, believe it or not, I don't work for ALWIL. ;D

I also wrote a very positive review of it on Download.com.

So take care everyone. I hope you enjoy your antivirus program as much as I do.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 08:11:28 PM by Newton »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Hello + my personal review about Avast!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 08:37:31 PM »
Thanks, and welcome to the avast forum. Be sure to come back (and don't forget to place your pin on the Member Map (use the bottom at the top of the page). We need more Canadians :P)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Newton

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »
...don't forget to place your pin on the Member Map... We need more Canadians :P)

Done. :D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 08:57:03 PM »
Hi Newton, welcome to the forums.

You too have found what many of us like about avast, not to mention the support experienced in these forums (totally different from many other AVs), quick response being the norm rather than the exception..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

taco78

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 10:17:28 PM »
Thanks, and welcome to the avast forum. Be sure to come back (and don't forget to place your pin on the Member Map (use the bottom at the top of the page). We need more Canadians :P)

Hi VLK I also placed a pin  :)

Greetings

Taco

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 02:09:59 AM »
I only found two that could satisfy me.

Me too  ;D

3 - Its interface : enough options to choose from, and the skin capability, probably unique amongst antivirus programs.

Sasha is the member which created most of them. Martin is the Alwil man for skins.
Other ones are from David, RejZor...
Am I forgetting anyone?

By the way, believe it or not, I don't work for ALWIL. ;D

We believe you...
Welcome to avast forum  8)
The best things in life are free.

scaa

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 04:50:29 AM »
:) :) :)I came to know about from a computer magazine and the free CD that came along with it. I was using NAV and it was giving problems. After I switched to the free home version, I liked everything about it so much that I opted for the pro version.
I would request our fellow forum members to subscribe to the pro version which is not that expensive, so that the software becomes better and better and we contribute a small part toward it.
By the way, I am also only an user of AVAST like all forum members. 8) 8) 8)

troubleshooting

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 01:40:43 PM »

Hi Vlk,

U Really need to Publish ur AD for the Avast anti-virus...coz most of my friends abt 99% don't know abt ur product..i need to explain each and every time abt ur product..U Guys need to Prublish AD's world wild... :) Think seroiusly....GUYS....!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 01:49:52 PM »
The most effective form of advertising (and cost effective) is word of mouth, tell your friends, have them tell their friends. Ensure that you have the avast! clean message in your outgoing emails, that is a form of advert.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

troubleshooting

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 07:00:51 PM »
The most effective form of advertising (and cost effective) is word of mouth, tell your friends, have them tell their friends. Ensure that you have the avast! clean message in your outgoing emails, that is a form of advert.

May be ur rite...at least..Avast don't have to invest on AD'S as such..any way the out going message clean message is Enabled.. :)