Author Topic: I'm worry about Who's generating this message?  (Read 2257 times)

mackado

I'm worry about Who's generating this message?
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
This is the second time I've seen this message pop up in an opened webpage/tab after coming back from sleep mode, the first time happened on a different page/forum but was unable to get a screen-shot before message disappeared after switching to different tab.

I'm using latest Firefox with AdBlock installed, and since the message is located were the ad should be I wonder if Adblock is generating this message?

My Avast is up to date and has not reported any problems and also ran malwarebytes a few days back and found nothing either, could this second Super-antispyware utility I'm running at boot -installed a few months back- be the one generating this message?

I'm using a W7 machine with ZoneAlarm also installed..

"SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password, and do not share it with anyone"

Can some one also point me to instructions on how to upload a screen-grab into this post/forum?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:34:08 PM by mackado »

mackado

Re: I'm worry about Who's generating this message?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
Edit: removed image and attached the proper way to my first post..(Thanks iDonavan)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:14:26 AM by mackado »

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:35:42 AM »
Hi mackado,

Below the post editor there is a link called "Attachments and other options". Once you click that, you'll be able to upload the image.

~!Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

mackado

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Did some digging around the Net and found lots of people with recent complains with this very same issue (mainly Blog users), apparently something to do with a Facebook 'plugin' update that is not working correctly across all sites yet, I updated my AdBlock's filter list to include the 'Fanboy Social blocking list' filter and the Facebook's plugin was removed from FF list, I guess you can remove/disable the plugin manually too, others are recommending to upgrade your blog's code with the latest plugin version.

Glad this was not some malicious malware that had slipped through my defenses... :)