Author Topic: Firefox error message from Avast!  (Read 12896 times)

AirCeej

Re: Firefox error message from Avast!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 11:25:50 PM »
Does anyone have a solution for the above observations?

=AirCeej=

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 12:32:47 AM »
I have tried both urls and no problems loading with firefox with Direct connection and no manual proxy set; web shield 'enable web scanning', 'Use intelligent stream scanning' Redirected HTTP port 80 and 'ignore local communications, basically the default settings.

Since much of the stuff you are having problems with appears to be ads and third party content (stuff from other sites on that page), it may be related to ad blocking.

Firefox does have ad blocking extension available are you using one?
My firewall can also block ads, does yours?

There are some blanks in my second url as my ad blocker has removed the content, but it hasn't stopped anything loading.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AirCeej

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 03:01:15 AM »
You wouldn't have problems with the default setup.  My settings stem from the need to make sure Sygate PF also checks all outbound traffic (which is not done with the current Avast default settings), and I need to make sure that the Web Shield is used in conjunction with Firefox - ergo the settings I outlined on the previous page.

If it were just for me, then I’d just as well choose a different firewall and have done with it.  But I've sent an 8-page list of recommended utilities with setup instructions to a few hundred people (many of whom not being too computer savvy) so I need to make sure they’re taken care of.  If it comes down to it, I may need to tell them to have Firefox connect directly, with the Redirected HTTP port(s) blanked in the Web Shield.  That way Firefox suffers by not being routed through the Web Shield, but Sygate will still check all outgoing attempts.

Does anyone have a solution where I can have Firefox routed through the Web Shield, yet still have all outgoing attempts checked by Sygate without any bogus messages coming up in Firefox when viewing certain URL's?

Warm regards,
=AirCeej=   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 03:31:15 AM by AirCeej »

AirCeej

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 01:49:11 PM »
Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  Please read my comments above and the research on the previous page.

=AirCeej=

asagarwal

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 04:53:36 PM »
I am also getting same error message. Please can anyone help 

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 05:53:55 PM »
Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  Please read my comments above and the research on the previous page.

=AirCeej=

What about disabling all those Spy-something immunization programs you are running on the PC. Does that help? Which one is causing the troubles?