Author Topic: Avast icon in taskbar windows 8  (Read 14203 times)

marc-d-l

Avast icon in taskbar windows 8
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:18:37 PM »
windows 8 32bits. Avast icon will not stay in taskbar. I have to manualy turn avast on for the icon to appear. I have to do this every time the pc starts.Tried everything nothing seem to work.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Avast icon in taskbar windows 8
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »

Remove / Hide clock, Volume Settings, Network status of the battery, and Action Center system tray (Systray)

One. Go to Start, Menu bar in the "Search programs and files" type "icon in the taskbar" And from the list that appears in "Control Panel" Open "Show or hide the volume icon (speaker) in the taskbar" .

2. In the panel that opens, "Turn system icons on or off" Select "On" or "Off" elements who want to disappear from the systray taskbar

3. Click "OK" to save your settings.

This is how the taskbar without systray icons Clock, Volume, Network, Power Action Center itself

marc-d-l

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »
Avast is the only icon that doesn't work no mater what I do.Tried all of what you said,and Avast will not stay in the taskbar.If I turn it on manualy it goes to the taskbar until a restart.Then I have to turn it on again.Tried fix, reinstall, still wont work.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »
open the avast! the shortcut is on the desktop, click the "MENU", then "SETTINGS", done that click "APPEARANCE" and see if the option "Show icon avast! System Tray" is selected. If not, select, press OK and ready

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:04:27 AM »
Like this

marc-d-l

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:24:49 AM »
I have looked and looked and can't find  appearance anywhere in settings.I'm using version 8.0.1482 windows 8

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:48 AM »

sorry  open the avast! the shortcut is on the desktop, click the "MENU", then "SETTINGS", done that click Basic and see if the option "Show icon avast! System Tray" is selected. If not, select, press OK and ready

Thanks Essexboy

marc-d-l

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 03:35:29 AM »
Yes these are checked.for nine days now I have been trying to fix this.I shouldn't have to manualy open the interface to make sure its running.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:31 AM »
Is your WinPatrol the plus or free version ? just asking because there has been a few issues between avast and WinPatrol lately, yours wasn't one of the reported problems but different combinations do strange things on different computers, so it maybe worth a shot to uninstall WinPatrol and see what happens after rebooting.

SpywareBlaster also immunises parts of the system so that is another combination you can try removing temporarily.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:29:46 AM by craigb »

marc-d-l

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
Worth a try. Thanks

marc-d-l

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
I uninstalled winpatrol rebooted same thing

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:02 AM »
I uninstalled winpatrol rebooted same thing
That's one option eliminated, now for the second option :-\

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 07:58:25 AM »
So is it just the icon that is missing or avast is not starting automatically as well ? if avast isn't starting on it's own also then have a look in services and make sure it's running and set to automatic.

marc-d-l

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
It's not just the missing icon,It also wont do a shell extension scan.It doesn't even show up on the right click menu.When the icon is there after I manualy put it there,it just sits there with no animation so there no way to know if it;s working.It works fine on my XP and vista but not win8

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
Strange ??? has there been any other third party antivirus installed on the win8 system ?  are you also using the standard windows firewall ?