Author Topic: Is there a way to down Grade to 4.5 due to system reboots and network issues.  (Read 20351 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Is/was the aavmker4 driver noticed in the bluescreen?

There's an anonymous FTP: ftp://cat.asw.cz/incoming
(there are no rights for reading, so you won't see anything there - even after you upload the file - but we'll get it).

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Don't forget to pack the file.
Also, it's quite strange its only 163MB - it should be of the size of your RAM. How much RAM do you have?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

cehes

Vlk> the size (160Mb for the first and 220 for the second) is after compression !

I send you that, i hope that "privacy" (hope you understand, not sure if it's the exact english term) is important for you, because what i give you is my whole memory (1GB)

Igor> yes, aavmker4 was the program writen by the blue screen

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
OK, thanks.

Of course privacy is very important for us, you don't have to worry. Only the parts related to the problem will be examined (and the dump will be discarded afterwards).

cehes

right !

If there is no problem here is what you'll find

- now : memory1.zip : forget about it, error while transmitting
 - in about 2h30 : memory-1.zip : crash while scanning thoroughly and within archives
 - in about 7 h : memory-2.zip : crash while scanning standard and not within archive

Still no crash during the use of the computer (but i do not do many things !)

edit: I'm obliged to try it again, i had and error at about 55/60 %, there is no quota for size ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 08:33:19 PM by cehes »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
I don't think so.
But it may be wise to split the files into smaller archives (e.g. using WinRAR with 10megs multivolume archives) - so that you don't have to resend everything in case of crash (of the upload).

cehes

this is what i'm gonna do, because i had a blue screen (win32k.sys). At next start, avast has a crash with debug i sent to MS (my network was frozen  then 1 or 2 minutes after, avast crashed and then network OK). I restarted and all ok.

I have some stability problem other than avast (mainly with games, or when cpu is highly charged) ... maybe my alim is to weak.

I'will go to bed then i'll send files later, sorry for all these problems

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
Someone is just uploading dump-1.z08. Is that you? :)

cehes

yes  ;D

All dump-1 is now online...
dump-2 is on the way, but now i should go to work, i hope there will be no problem

This was done by izarc a good free zip program, not with winrar, but i think that will be ok !

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
Great, I got the file and it seems to be OK. Thanks. :)

cehes

dump-2 is also online !

cehes

Just one question : how will i know if there is something yo know about this issue ? You'll post here ?

Hope the two dumps were interesting...

tx

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
Hi cehes,

I've spent the last two days (and nights) analysing the dumps. I have to say that it's a big mystery... :-\

I even tried completely simulating the problem here (including taking precisely the same data as in the dump) - but it just worked.

I have some questions:
- isn't your machine over-clocked?
- have you ever experienced any blue screens on that machine, prior to installing avast?
- could you run this tool: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/rootkitreveal.shtml (the download link is at the bottom of the page) and post its results here?
- does the INI option change I suggested in one of my previous posts help?

Thanks
Vlk

cehes

Sorry for these days (and night) working a lot  :-[

Well i have no o/c at the moment (before it was at 2.3ghz/fsb400 and really stable) , but yes i have some stability problem since i crashed my power unit (lc power 420W) and replaced it with a 300W noname (i'm waiting for the lc power coming back from warrantly). I guest 300W is two few for a 2600+, 4 ddr, radeon 9800 (there is a added power connector on it !) and two HD...

the thing is that i had many crashes (freeze or blue screen) these last week, but NEVER with avast...
And since i installed v4.6 quite all my crash are with aavmker4 (sometimes with win32k). As i saw that somebody else (the first that write this post, no news from him ?) has the problem i told me that there was something wrong with avast (added to my other problems !).

but maybe my stability problem are showing a blue screen with avast program for another reason of an avast problem (quite odd sentence, difficult to understand  :o )

Sorry (really  :-\ ) if it gives you more works as i was convincted that there were a problem with avast (one more time : even with my stability problem i had no crash with avast before)

I change the .ini and will tell you....

i uploaded the file generated by your soft as "cehes-RootkitReveal.txt" on your ftp
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 06:43:09 PM by cehes »

cehes

Well, i think i've something really interresting for you :

When using your .ini modification, i can do a scan with no crash (tested 4 times). When not doing the modification, i alway get a crash after a few minutes, and it is a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
I can now use my computer with really fewer crashes (still got some, due to my power supply i supposed, and these are not aavmker4 crashes).

There's really something weird with avast on my computer (remember that i reformated it 3 times !)

Ok i don't know what to do, and what to say....

You did not spend two days for nothing !

A question that has nothing to deal with the problem. I read, but i do not remember where, that "avast"  means something in your "original language" (don't know if it's the appropriate word  ??? ), can you tell me what ? thanks !