Author Topic: Issue on Avast! 8 Ad blocker with Firefox and Chrome 25  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Issue on Avast! 8 Ad blocker with Firefox and Chrome 25
« on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:49 AM »
Seems to me like the Ad-Blocker is having some issues with Firefox and Chrome 25. When I did an uninstall of Avast! 8 for the 2nd time in a row, because 1st I had issues with registration and avast! icon appearing twice at the bottom right hand corner. 2nd time was with freezing of firefox and chrome. When I uninstalled avast! 8 with the uninstaller utility i restarted it and opened up firefox i saw that it didn't delete the ad blocker for firefox it was still there. So I had to uninstall firefox and reinstall it. Now it's ok, i won't install the ad-blocker for firefox.

When I installed google chrome again the ad blocker appeared (installed) and under settings of Avast! 8 says that ad-blocker in chrome is not installed (that'z a big question mark for me)? So now i uninstalled google chrome and now avast! 8 is not showing google chrome under the list of internet browsers under setting?

During those issues IE10 was not showing me any problems about the ad-blocker and I won't install the ad-blocker for IE10 at all. It was just chrome and firefox! I hope this problem gets fixed in the next update.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:03:30 PM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

TheAslan

Re: Issue on Avast! 8 Ad blocker with Firefox and Chrome 25
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »
I confirm, I can't install AdBlocker for Chromium at all.