Author Topic: Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport cannot start.  (Read 3161 times)

AnOldFrostyGate

Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport cannot start.
« on: March 04, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
So I had Error #19 in Windows Device Manager on Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport driver, and I uninstalled Avast and checked the device manager and the error was still there, so I uninstalled the driver in device manager and checked the delete driver box, and the error was gone.

I then re-installed Avast and there is still no error, so does this mean the issue is resolved?

Is there anyway I could check to make sure the Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport is installed correctly? (I couldn't find it in Device Manager anywhere)

My OS is Windows 8 Pro, and I am running Avast! Internet Security 8.0.1482.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport cannot start.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »
I then re-installed Avast and there is still no error, so does this mean the issue is resolved?

Yes.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport cannot start.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »

Is there anyway I could check to make sure the Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport is installed correctly? (I couldn't find it in Device Manager anywhere)

My OS is Windows 8 Pro, and I am running Avast! Internet Security 8.0.1482.

Hi: If you want, you can go to Search, type in Command Prompt and then: COMPMGMT.MSC
This will reveal all your options for Computer management. ;)