Author Topic: [Avast-8] Individual file scans (Explorer menu) scans entire C drive.  (Read 4676 times)

dolphins

When I right click a file to do a single file scan, it begins scanning my entire C drive? Is there some new setting I need to know about?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: [Avast-8] Individual file scans (Explorer menu) scans entire C drive.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:25:28 AM »
What was the exact file (name) you clicked to be scanned?

dolphins

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
It was a zipped ABR file (photoshop brushes) but it happens whenever I try to scan any single file.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:23:13 PM »
It doesn't happen here, only the selected file is scanned, as it should. Did you change any of the default settings of the "Scan from Windows Explorer" scan? Does it occur even if you scan a folder, not just a single file? If so, does it happen even with other scans, e.g. with the "Select folder to scan"?
Thanks.

dolphins

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »
I've tried scanning folders, zipped files, jpegs with the same result. Maybe these question marks will give you some indication of whats going on because I can't seem to figure it out?

dolphins

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and the problem has been resolved. I no longer get those question marks either so they give some indication of the problem?

Apparently during the automatic upgrade from version 7 to 8 some files were corrupted?

All is well now!

Thank You, Avast for the best free AV.