Author Topic: avast blocking sites that aren't on my block list  (Read 2625 times)

tsmpaul

avast blocking sites that aren't on my block list
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:33:13 AM »
Hi. I'm having problems with the 'site blocking' feature. I added a bunch of sites I want blocked on my computer, and enabled site blocking, but now lots of other sites are being blocked. For example, Amazon.com - the shopping and kindle ebook website, is blocked by the site blocking. I could turn off site blocking to access the site, then turn it back on again, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having an active site blocker if I have to toggle it on and off to access sites that aren't on my blocking list.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast blocking sites that aren't on my block list
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:33 AM »
So delete the site from the list that is causing you to be blocked from Amazon or wherever you wish to go to, you put the lists there so remove the one's necessary.

tsmpaul

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:23 AM »
that's the point - there is no amazon related site in the list, so there is nothing to remove. I found other sites too now, that are also blocked, with no related sites in the list, for example, www.belkin.com isn't working either. There is nothing even remotely like belkin in my site blocking list.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:16 AM »
Sounds like it would be easier just to remove the lists you placed in there and only block the sites you don't want individually or find some better lists.