Author Topic: Help: How to Enable "Archived" Avast Account to Activate Anti Theft  (Read 7643 times)

mothproof

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me activate my avast account. There's two accounts listed for my phone because I reinstalled Avast after uninstalling it last October I think, but the new account apparently is not enabled.
The old account however is "archived". The exact message is:

"Your device has been paired a second time. This entry is the OLD registration of the device, which only exists as a container to keep your old device data."

And I'm depending on that old account because the first time I installed it, the anti theft worked (I changed sim cards without realizing it, and my friend received a text message about the new number).

I was hoping there's a way to do that since that's the only way I can send the SMS commands. (The thief has thrown my sim out)

Thank you for your help.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:32:35 PM by mothproof »

mothproof

Re: Help: How to Enable Anti-Theft Through PC. My phone just got stolen.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »
hi again,

Sorry if this is just a duplicate thread. I've been reading further down and apparently there are a few threads with my same problem (visiting the webpage and seeing anti theft not enabled).  I just posted out of desperation. sorry again.

So hoping I can still get my phone back and there'll be a happy ending to this story.

binhvirile

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »
Hi,

Let try using sms commands.

Good luck! :)

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:44:14 PM »
Why dont log on to my.avast.com if its connected to your avast user and locate it? Or try another command.

But no, you cant activate as far as I know

mothproof

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »
Hi,

Let try using sms commands.

Good luck! :)

Hi,

The thing is, the thief had already taken out my sim card.  I tried ringing it but the line's dead. 
That's why I'm hoping that my old avast account--the one that's labeled archive--will be enabled again, because the first time I installed it, it worked.  It texted my friend's number that a sim change happened, along with the new number.

But there's nothing to click on the Devices setting on the web page to enable it. :(

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:28:09 PM by mothproof »

mothproof

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
Why dont log on to my.avast.com if its connected to your avast user and locate it? Or try another command.

But no, you cant activate as far as I know

can the moderators activate it on their servers?  was really hoping I could locate the phone again and finally have a success story to tell everyone about avast.  too bad I didn't enable the settings.

BTW, it's an xperia mini-- (i know, tiny screen, but i love that baby).

P.S.

There are actually two (2) accounts listed for my device, but still under the same gmail account.  The first one was in October, but I uninstalled Avast because I was trying to reset the phone. 

When I reinstalled Avast that's when the new account got created.  So now it says for the old account:
""your device has been paired a second time" and it's now labeled Archived.

thinking the two might conflict with each other, I deleted the new account, but the first account is still not enabled. The first account's anti theft worked because it texted my friend's number about a sim change when I tried it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:33:46 PM by mothproof »

binhvirile

Re: Help: How to Enable "Archived" Avast Account to Activate Anti Theft
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:57:06 AM »
Okay I see your problem since I tried re-installing avast! a few times before.

When you uninstall (AMS & Anti-Theft), your device will be shown as OFF. And then you reinstall, there is a new duplicate device, and the old one will be shown as ARCHIVED. You are able to work with the new device account only.

In these case, my experience is delete the old device account, and just use the new one.

Unfortunately, you say that you deleted the new device account, and your SIM card removed by the theft. I think it is difficult to find a solution :(.

Do you receive any message about the new phone number?

mothproof

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:19:20 AM »
... And then you reinstall, there is a new duplicate device, and the old one will be shown as ARCHIVED. You are able to work with the new device account only.

In these case, my experience is delete the old device account, and just use the new one.

Unfortunately, you say that you deleted the new device account, and your SIM card removed by the theft. I think it is difficult to find a solution :(.

Do you receive any message about the new phone number?

no, there's no new number sent by avast to any of my two friends. 

I deleted the new account because it didn't have anti theft installed, only the old one. i thought the old one will get activated as soon as i delete the new one.  now, I'm left with the unusable archived one.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply.  if there's any new way to reactivate the archived one just let me know.  thanks again.

binhvirile

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »
Hi mothproof,

You're welcome. I don't find any way to re-activate your old account. May be wait for a solution from the team.

Waiting to hear good news from you. Good luck!

Binh

mothproof

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »
Hi mothproof,

You're welcome. I don't find any way to re-activate your old account. May be wait for a solution from the team.

Waiting to hear good news from you. Good luck!

Binh

Hi Binh,

When I buy a new phone (the monogamous in me still wants to get an xperia mini) I'm gonna make sure to visit the website and try out each avast feature so I know everything is enabled.

Thanks.

:) Neo

binhvirile

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Hi Neo,

You mean you've just bought a new phone?

Binh

mothproof

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
Hi Neo,

You mean you've just bought a new phone?

Binh

No I still haven't bought a new one. I'm back to basics now. the dumb(but reliable) Nokia 2600c.

Xperia mini is so rare nowadays. 

binhvirile

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »
Okay we will wait for a solution from the team. :)