Author Topic: No internet connection(unable to connect with modem)after unistalling Avast 8 IS  (Read 25186 times)

Offline A. User

I believe you.  What is your firewall? When avast! Internet security is installed it disables your current firewall and activates the avast firewall. Check your firewall settings. Using any VPN?

freak777

Quote from:  link=topic=116901.msg912235#msg912235 date=1363275197
I believe you.  What is your firewall? When avast! Internet security is installed it disables your current firewall and activates the avast firewall. Check your firewall settings. Using any VPN?
i'm not a newbie ;)
i know this things!
if i installed an IS,it is obvious that i've disabled windows firewall.i haven't any other firewall installed.
the question is simple: if you uninstall avast 8 IS no more connection possibilities, at least on Windows 8.have you tried too? I find it strange that no developer has said, or began working on the bug
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:26:56 AM by Eva137 »

Offline A. User

Yes, i have uninstalled avast! about 15-20 days before (on windows 7) to try bitdefender free but it lacks of settings( in fact no settings at all) but i haven't got any problems. Have you contacted avast support(http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=tickets&_a=submit) ?
Any VPN software?
 :) :) :)

PS.: Why you need to uninstall avast!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:50:03 PM by liubomirwm »

freak777

Quote from:  link=topic=116901.msg912279#msg912279 date=1363279664
Yes, i have uninstalled avast! about 15-20 days before (on windows 7) to try bitdefender free but it lacks of settings( in fact no settings at all) but i haven't got any problems. Have you contacted avast support(http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=tickets&_a=submit) ?
Any VPN software?

PS.: Why you need to uninstall avast!
i haven't VPN.
the problem went when disinstall INTERNET SECURITY 8,not ANTIVIRUS.have you tried to unistall Avast IS 8?
I do not know if on windows 7 there is no problem when uninstalling Avast IS 8, but on windows 8 yes. i have Windows 8
why i need to uninstall?simple,i want to try several IS in trial mode,after,i can choose the best one for me.
a question for you, but does not it seem strange that after 3 pages of this topic, no developer talking about? yet it is a serious problem!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:51:06 PM by Eva137 »

info_amirfb

same problem is here too!
but i have avast! and after connecting to internet with dsl modem i should be restart avast component,so i have connection!

freak777

same problem is here too!
but i have avast! and after connecting to internet with dsl modem i should be restart avast component,so i have connection!
your problem is different from mine.after uninstalling avast IS 8 I can not connected.the only way for reconnected is to reinstall avast IS 8

info_amirfb

i think u r problem with network driver! check local area connection component and see device manager!  :-\

freak777

i think u r problem with network driver! check local area connection component and see device manager!  :-\
well if you read these 3 pages, you'll see that I've tried EVERYTHING, without success.try to install avast IS 8 on Windows 8, then uninstall, and you will see for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:20:55 PM by freak777 »

Offline A. User

We all here are not avast employees( excl. those with the avast team logo). Contact the official avast team employees from here: http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=tickets&_a=submit

freak777

I did not buy avast, I was only try it.i hope anyone answer questions.new build, perhaps

Offline A. User

I suggest contacting the avast support as soon as possible. They don't mind if you bought avast or it's in trial mode. http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=tickets&_a=submit
 ;)

freak777

still possible that there is not yet an update to fix the problem? If any of you uninstall AIS by Windows 8 will be found without an internet connection!try if you not believe me.
avast is a great AV, but you can find yourself without an internet connection when you uninstall it from Windows 8!this is unaccettable!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:23:52 PM by freak777 »

freak777

have anyone tried to uninstalla AIS on Windows 8 and verify if the internet connection is possible after that?please,can anyone try?

freak777

are still waiting for someone to let me know if uninstalling from Windows 8 AIS, your internet connection disappears
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:14:07 PM by freak777 »

freak777

are still waiting for someone to let me know if uninstalling from Windows 8 AIS, your internet connection disappears
please,note that the connection loss happens after uninstalling Avast Internet Security,not after uninstalling Avast AV or Free.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:42:58 PM by freak777 »