Author Topic: No internet connection(unable to connect with modem)after unistalling Avast 8 IS  (Read 25087 times)

freak777

got error 730 when i try to connected.the only way to reactivate my internet connection is reinstalling Avast 8 IS.i've tried everything,create new connection etc,but the problem is present.i resolved with Acronis True Image to a previous configuration with another AV.any solution for disinstallation without this type of problem?i'm using Windows 8 Pro x64.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:24:16 PM by freak777 »

hbang

dude , look in u r wireless properties, u prolly have avast firewall driver still checked . Unchek, uninstall

freak777

i not use wireless connection.i have wired modem.what can i do?please,explain me.tell me the exact procedure.step by step.sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:58:39 PM by freak777 »

hbang

look in u r network driver under device manger. Pull it up, highlight, right click, properties...uncheck any Avast thing u find.if u need more help pm me

potjevleesch

do you have a Windows "restore point" handy dated from before Avast install ? that woul probably solve the issue

hbang

no need to restore man,  i have been through the same issue

freak777

i don't need a restore point.i have Acronis True Image with previous image restore.i want to know HOW can unistall Avast 8 without lose internet connection.
Avast developers should resolve this annoying bug
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:15:59 PM by freak777 »

hbang

Freak, did you verify the properties of your network driver?????

freak777

Freak, did you verify the properties of your network driver?????
can you explain me step by step if i can verify?i don't have,at moment,installed Avast 8.but you tells me how i can verify,for further installation.

freak777

no need to restore man,  i have been through the same issue
how did you solve it?

hbang

windows +X
Go TO DEVICE MANAGER
Find NETWORK ADAPTER
Find u r modem or ethernet driver
Look under properties
Find if avast firwall is checked and still there
Uncheck
Uninstall that thing
Done

Back surfing

freak777

windows +X
Go TO DEVICE MANAGER
Find NETWORK ADAPTER
Find u r modem or ethernet driver
Look under properties
Find if avast firwall is checked and still there
Uncheck
Uninstall that thing
Done

Back surfing

when unistalled Avast the next time,i try,hbang.and if the avast firewall missing under "properties"? there is another procedure to follow?thanks!

hbang

u dont need to reinstall with acronis to get back on the net. I too installed avast 8; uninstalled and didnt have any internet. I discovered avast left firewall driver. So i just uncheked it, uninstalled it, and i was back on

freak777

i'm italian,here is the properties of my ethernet device.where i can check if the avast internet firewall remnant location ?the location of avast driver?how can i check?please,can you post a screenshot?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:48:15 PM by freak777 »

hbang

click on your connection bottom right,open network and sharing ,then change adapter settings, and u ll find image i attach below