Author Topic: No internet connection(unable to connect with modem)after unistalling Avast 8 IS  (Read 25074 times)

freak777

ok,thanks! :)

freak777

I made another test,today.reinstalled Avast 8 IS, then I uninstalled it, and of course, error 720, can not connect,no internet connection.open network and sharing,and no voice remnant concerned Avast firewall to unchek or uninstall.other solutions? otherwise I give up, and I forget to avast
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:06:55 PM by freak777 »

hbang

come va Amigo, sorry to hear, wait for some updates my friend, all is good.

freak777

come va Amigo, sorry to hear, wait for some updates my friend, all is good.

tutto bene,amico,tranne Avast  :D (I replied in Italian)

but if after uninstalling avast there is no trace of the driver firewall how can i do?
there is a moderator or developer who can answer me?it is possible that there is no way to restore internet connection after uninstalling avast?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:14:50 PM by freak777 »

hbang

si si amico, Avast grandé cacca 8)

freak777

ahahahaha :)
ti sei spiegato ottimamente in italiano  :D

moderators?can you see me?it is possible that you may not find a solution to restore the connection after uninstalling avast?

ddalbiez

moderators?can you see me?it is possible that you may not find a solution to restore the connection after uninstalling avast?
Did you make a complete uninstall, using the Avast cleaning tool in safe mode?

freak777

Did you make a complete uninstall, using the Avast cleaning tool in safe mode?
not yet.maybe i can try the next time.i'm very upset with this product,now.i have tried many AV,but only this have a difficult uninstalling procedure and completely messed up internet connection.perhaps the developers should fix these bugs
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:15:59 PM by freak777 »

freak777

I gave one last chance to Avast.i have uninstalled from safe mode with avast uninstaller. but still error 720, no connection.
but the amazing thing is the absence of a response from the moderators and engineers about it.
why this lack of replies?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:43:22 AM by freak777 »

freak777

moderators?Is this the way to treat customers?why don't you answer?

freak777

for the last time:
is anybody in there?
it is possible that no moderators can tells me what can i do about this situation?you realize that if I had not had previous Acronis disk image with another antivirus installed I had to format because of Avast?

freak777

I never waited for a treatment of this type.i'm not the only one with this problem, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116950.0
 but no technician answer.goodbye,Avast.very good AV but lack of answers.

freak777

I find it absurd that avast internet security is the only suite after uninstalling it does not make it possible to connect to internet.the technicians should do something! but even respond!

someone answer me this time or not?

Offline A. User

Copy and paste this code in windows notepad.

@Echo off
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
cls
echo Script finished.
pause
del %0

In Notepad, click File and then Save. Type reset.bat for the file name. Change Save as Type to All Files, and then save the file to your desktop. After the file is saved, double-click on the file to open it. Once it's finished running, restart your computer. Check to see if your Internet connection is restored.

freak777

Quote from:  link=topic=116901.msg911726#msg911726 date=1363188574
Copy and paste this code in windows notepad.

@Echo off
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
cls
echo Script finished.
pause
del %0

In Notepad, click File and then Save. Type reset.bat for the file name. Change Save as Type to All Files, and then save the file to your desktop. After the file is saved, double-click on the file to open it. Once it's finished running, restart your computer. Check to see if your Internet connection is restored.
done.doesn't work.
i have done everuthing's possible in human possibility,I followed all the suggestions that were given to me in this topic,but after unistallation,the pc was unable to connect(error 720)
i have Windows 8 Pro x64.
you don't believe me?try yourself!unistall,reboot and try to connect.incredible,if I had not had a previous Acronis disk image with another antivirus installed,my pc would be useless, and I had to format!technicians?please,fix this bug with a new build!!!

if you do not believe me, uninstall Avast 8 IS, reboot, and then try to connect!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 12:14:50 PM by Eva137 »