Author Topic: No internet connection(unable to connect with modem)after unistalling Avast 8 IS  (Read 25088 times)

freak777

the weirdest thing is that in 4 pages no moderator, or technician, has ever commented, has never explained what can I do.incredible...

freak777

when uninstalling avast IS the PC no longer connects to the internet! each method suggested for complete uninstalling is ineffective! you can save if you use a disk image!
i have windows 8,and with W8 it happens!i have resolved with Acronis True image disk backup with another antivirus installed!but this is a serious matter, and no one answers or trying to solve the problem?i love Avast capacity to remove malwares,but this thing makes it unusable!please,makes another build that solve this BIG problem!

freak777

technicians?
when will solve this serious problem?
this is not just my problem! read here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/internet-problem-causing-due-to-uninstallation-of/d928a378-9e11-4e46-9b74-0a8cfab66980

please,in the next build,resolve this bug!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:08:02 PM by freak777 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Howdy freak777,

You still have your local settings, go to your main router/modem and restore that connection out. Maybe the modem router has lost it's internal settings.
So just launch the browser and go to your local modem address (192.168.1.254 or 10.0.0.138 for instance) and follow instructions there...
Other possibilties for connecting out: http://geejay.wordpress.com/2007/12/06/adsl-modems-and-routers-ip-adress-username-passwords-for-major-manufacturers/

polonus
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:14:54 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

freak777

my modem does not give the option to change the settings.I've tried everything, as you can read in the 4 pages, to solve the problem.but it would be easier for Avast solve the problem with a new build?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:27:30 PM by freak777 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter

freak777

seems a bit complicated.can you suggest me the easier procedure step by step? can I ask you why Avast can not resolve the situation with a new build?the problem exists, and not only mine!have you read my previous link?
edit: i don't have Alice Gate 2 Plus Wi-Fi,but only Alice Gate 2 Plus

it seems normal that you can not uninstall AIS without losing internet connection?
is a huge problem that engineers should solve! i don't have this problem with any other suites.i like AIS,but it's impossible to remove without losing internet connection!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:40:50 PM by freak777 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
You must be able to re-connect via a PPPoE connection via your network connection manager.
A step by step procedure is being described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/networking/manage-network-connections

Enable a network connection. To enable a previously disabled network connection, right-click the network connection, and then click Enable.

polonus

freak777

thanks for the help, but I refuse to implement this procedure, also because I'm sure that will not work.The absurd thing is that Avast destroys the connection when you uninstall it, and no other security suite do that on my PC.i've tried all suites in trial mode,and when uninstalled them,my internet connection always works.this is  a problem that Avast has a duty to solve,for your customers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:30:41 PM by freak777 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Well I suggest you send a mail to virus AT avast dot com and decsribe your problem,

polonus

freak777

do not you think they should already have read this thread and solved the problem with a new build?continues to say that it is my problem, but did you read my link? is a problem not only mine!
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/internet-problem-causing-due-to-uninstallation-of/d928a378-9e11-4e46-9b74-0a8cfab66980
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:37:32 PM by freak777 »