Author Topic: can i get avast to stop having a popup window telling me its retrieving info  (Read 11489 times)

Offline robert26

Update: I have just done an avast program update and for a fraction of a second I saw that pop-up, too quick for me to do a screen capture. But that is along the lines of what I mentioned before in Reply #9 above, this is similar in that I don't believe this function has stalled and no information is retrieved.

So I think proceeding with the clean reinstall is your preferred option.

yea i did that, so far so good, thanx again

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 21.3.2459 (build 21.3.6164.561) UI 1.0.609/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline st4rdog

Same issue here. Registering offline worked.

And how about stop it popping up every 30 minutes?? It breaks any video game that's currently playing, and potentially other apps.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
What pop-ups are you talking about ?
There shouldn't be any regular pop-up every 30 minutes, so a screenshot will help determine what it is and what can be done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 21.3.2459 (build 21.3.6164.561) UI 1.0.609/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline st4rdog

The same popup as mentioned previously - http://postimg.org/image/70vcetapd/

It keeps retrying every so often.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I can't be certain as I don't use AIS, but that screenshot I believe this crops up is during registration now if it fails I wasn't aware that it continues to try.

The other issue I have is that your screenshot shows it relates to avast Internet Security.

However, your comment in your previous post "Same issue here. Registering offline worked." and off-line registration is associated with the avast free version, so I'm somewhat confused as to how this would have worked with AIS (Unless you were using a trial version, but even then I don't know how that would work either) ?