Author Topic: grey icons in system tray  (Read 3593 times)

yanis

grey icons in system tray
« on: March 02, 2005, 02:56:11 PM »
i am a new user of avast 4.6 for home users i have installed the programme and registered and updated and preformed the scans and generated the vrdb but my icons are still grey should'nt they be blue?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: grey icons in system tray
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:33:09 PM »
i am a new user of avast 4.6 for home users i have installed the programme and registered and updated and preformed the scans and generated the vrdb but my icons are still grey should'nt they be blue?

In fact, it could be only a monitor color problem...
Do the icons have a 'cross' in the left upper side?
When you point the mouse over the 'a' blue icon, how many providers are working?

Welcome to avast!  ;)
The best things in life are free.

yanis

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:24:43 PM »
six out of seven providers are running outlook\ exchange is waiting for a subsystem to start. i dont use ms outlook or ms exchange is this why they are grey there is no x in the corner of any icon

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:40:44 PM »
six out of seven providers are running

So, you're protected...

outlook\ exchange is waiting for a subsystem to start. i dont use ms outlook or ms exchange

The message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that. As you don't use them, don't worry...

is this why they are grey there is no x in the corner of any icon

No. You're ok. You think the icon must be blue but in your computer, for some reason, they seem to be grayed.
The best things in life are free.