Author Topic: Avast Software Updater  (Read 32373 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast Software Updater
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 07:21:47 PM »
Windows may be trying to finish the previously started downloads.
However, the installers certainly won't be started and your software won't be updated (or changed in any other way).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:57 PM »
It's so funny watching ppl raging over things they CLEARLY don't understand. This guy apparently thinks Software Updater is some 3rd party affiliated module that will install stuff he doesn't want. But in reality it will only keep existing stuff updated (the stuff user decided to install in the first place).
But why read any docs anywhere if you can go straight to raging on forums?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Baseman

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »
It's so funny watching ppl raging over things they CLEARLY don't understand. This guy apparently thinks Software Updater is some 3rd party affiliated module that will install stuff he doesn't want. But in reality it will only keep existing stuff updated (the stuff user decided to install in the first place).
But why read any docs anywhere if you can go straight to raging on forums?

No, whats funny is arrogant people like you who have nothing better to do in life, than come here and poke fun at/ridicule/put down people who have LEGITIMATE complaints. Whats also funny is how most of you are either illiterate to a point, or so full of yourself that you only read part of posts.

I have made it PERFECTLY clear that:

1 - I am AWARE the "software updater" is NOT 3rd party

2 - That said "software updater" was installed during program update from 7 to 8

3 - That said "software updater" was installed WITHOUT the choice to "NOT" install it

4 - That said "software updater" was installed and turned on and running in background after reboot of program update installation, WITHOUT users knowledge

5 - That said "software updater" was installed as said above on 3 machines (1 set for auto, and 2 done manually) so the software isnt only installed without you being able to stop it, when set to auto update only!

I dont care WHAT you allow on your systems, that is YOUR business. THIS is MY business! So if you dont have anything positive to add other than to berate customers with a legitimate beef, then stop replying. Forums and webpages are full of people who do nothing but reply smugly and arrogantly and it does NOTHING but escalate the situation.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
Yes, spam users with 500 questions for every tiny bit of the program if he wants it or not. Seriously, you're making such big of a deal from Software Updater like it ended the world for you...

Baseman

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 08:24:44 PM »
Yes, spam users with 500 questions for every tiny bit of the program if he wants it or not. Seriously, you're making such big of a deal from Software Updater like it ended the world for you...

and yet, you just keep posting your rude and condescending remarks which help nothing... which is spam also. So get the hell over yourself, as youre not helping a thing, only making it worse. I get it, I really do... you know everything and are so pathetic you live your life on this forum and belittle those with problems

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
I'm not the one who came here and started raging about a feature you don't understand and is bothering you so much even before it had a chance to annoy you so awfully. I'm updating all the stuff for decade and a half on daily bases and i still have it installed and is not bothering me the least. So why are you so mad about it?

Baseman

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm not the one who came here and started raging about a feature you don't understand and is bothering you so much even before it had a chance to annoy you so awfully. I'm updating all the stuff for decade and a half on daily bases and i still have it installed and is not bothering me the least. So why are you so mad about it?

and neither did I you arrogant POS. I COMPLETELY understand WHAT the feature is. Just because I disagree with you about it, doesnt make you right. Good god, youve been such an arrogant ass on here for so long you dont even listen to yourself.

So take your smug "I know everything/hollier than tho" attitude and shove it, Mr Perfect.

If you were even 10% as smart as you think you are, you would have understood the actual problem, not just sit back and attack like an ass. And it doesnt matter whether it bothers you or not. The day YOU start paying all my bills and paying for my systems and their upkeep, THEN maybe Ill let you have a say on what should take place on my systems. Until then, if all you have is that it "is not bothering me in the least. So why are you so mad about it?".... if thats all you got.... then shut up and leave people alone. Last I saw, this wasnt the rejzor forum and we dont have to bow down to you, or like everything you like... and its not a crime or wrong to think different than your arrogant ass
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:43:49 PM by Baseman »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:33 PM »
can somone lock this topic now before he gets a heart attack.....this is going nowhere

Baseman

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
"Baseman,
You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.
Regards,
The avast!WEBforum Team."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the way the arrogant regulars, and even members of the staff, can be so rude/arrogant/condescending to the customers, and thats ok. I love the way these people can post negatively and insult and degrade customers, and thats ok. But yet when a customer has had enough and fights back.... he gets warned.

Personally Avast... as pathetic and useless as this board and the people on it are... ban me, I dont care. If you think Im going to get upset because I cant post on your precious board, you have another thing coming. If you think I am going to let anyone talk down to me without fighting back... youre insane.

This forum is a joke!!!!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
The only one being rude and offensive here is yourself with your bad attitude, right off the bat your first post was argumentative and from your history here on this forum it seems to be your style of posting so the quicker people like you are removed from this forum the better imo.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
Actually Baseman your first post on here today called all avast users sheep and this style of abusive posting from you goes right back to 2007 when you joined this forum, your second abusive post was in 2010 where you also said you were sick of avast and would never come back or use it again yet your offensive posting style continued up until a few months ago where you were given two warnings for abusive posts and yet you still do the same again now.

So yes this is your style and since you are so willing to be banned I hope your wish is granted :)

IdontKnow1991

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
Windows may be trying to finish the previously started downloads.
However, the installers certainly won't be started and your software won't be updated (or changed in any other way).

Hey sorry I feel like im spamming the forums with this but im on day 3 of this and winrar is still trying to download after the software updater has been removed and I even updated winrar manually and the connections are still occuring. Do you have any suggestions of how to stop it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:11:49 AM by IdontKnow1991 »

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:51 PM »
The next version will have an additional option to disable the feature - ...

@igor

What do you mean with "The next version"?

avast!9 or the next step in the programm-update of avast!8?
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
The next version will have an additional option to disable the feature - ...

@igor

What do you mean with "The next version"?

avast!9 or the next step in the programm-update of avast!8?

Have you got version 8.0.1483 installed, if so you could check that.

EDIT: I just have by adding the software updater to my installation and it starts off Disabled. I haven't turned it on yet to see if it can subsequently be disabled not just stopped.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:11:48 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 11:17:07 PM »
David and SKY,
When I stop Software Updater it will show disabled but it will restart after reboot. What igor is speaking of is not apparent in version 8.0.1483.