Author Topic: Why is it more expensive per year to renew for 2 years instead of one?  (Read 2614 times)

mikeypr

Firstly love the peace of mind Avast internet security gives me.buying

Well, its about time to renew.

I have a few PCs using avast. So far I have a 3 PC License for one year. I also have two PCs using the Free version.

I need to renew the 3 PC Internet security license. Using my PC on the free Avast, I logged into my account through Avast console, and it gave me a price of £24.99 For (1 Year 3 PC) But not the option of a 2 year license.

I phoned Avast to see about setting it up over the phone, but it works out more expensive.  Surly  buying a 2 year license should be cheaper, per year than two single 1 year licenses.

Can anyone shed any light on this.  I really want to renew, ASAP.

Thanks

Mike
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:04:32 PM by mikeypr »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I don't believe it should be either as it isn't providing an incentive, so I don't know why this is happening. You can contact sales (at) avast (dot) com directly.

I don't understand what you mean by "Using my PC on the free Avast, I logged into my account through Avast console."  As I can't see anywhere on there to Upgrade from free to AIS. If by 'console' you mean the avastUI (User Interface) Upgrade button, yes that shows me £24.99 and £49.99 for two years (effectively the same price) but down from the normal price of £94.99 for 2 years.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mikeypr

Sorry it's a bit confusing.

My PC at home is on AIS my PC here is on the Free version.

I want to extend my license but using the pc on the free version. It only offers an upgrade, even though I'm logged into my account.

If I try and do it from the web site, the price jumps from £24.99 to £35.00 to extend.

I'm confused. I want to renew, not upgrade.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
When the condition isn't a simple upgrade, but a renewal or extending the existing license isn't so simple. From a free version UI this is a completely different as there is the incentive to move from the free to AIS version.

If done directly from the avast web site there is no linkage to your being an existing AIS user (renewal discount).

This is why I suggest sales and explain exactly what it is that you are after, I don't know if you have just purchased your existing AIS license and wanted to extend that or it is close to renewal.

The license renewal process in the avastUI > Maintenance > Subscription (I believe that is what it is called), that interface doesn't change until 30 or 28 days before expiry. This then allows you to renew your license and there is normally a renewal discount.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security