Author Topic: To the complaint DEPARTMENT  (Read 11398 times)

MoreThenYourAverageGuy

Re: To the complaint DEPARTMENT
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
@ Morethanyouravengerguy

After that do a clean reinstall of avast!:
1. Download avast! Free Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.

if you have tried this then please get rid spybot as some other tools are conflicting.

I have no other tools that will conflict, at least other security tools. Now I am not running avast switch to a different antivirus. I know I said I was done with avast and well currently not using avast I wanted to bring back this topic as other people are still experiencing the issue.

MoreThenYourAverageGuy

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
And as far as failing to provide logs, I never got a suggestion on logs to provide, so it seems there is a failure to help as well.

IhatePCs

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 07:03:18 AM »
Just a newbie on the forum, been using Avast for a few years.  Had no problem with the install, but wasn't happy with the custom scan I've been using since I first started using the product.  Only scanned about 1/10th of the previous version, so I reverted to version 7 (thank god for GHOST).  Now the only problem I'm having is false positives on custom scan, that don't show up if I run a folder scan.  Again, very simple to just use the exclusion tool.  Yesterday had 9 Win32:Malware-gen issues, went up on www.virustotal.com and the only programs that found the problem were AVAST and Gdata.  Amazing but today 8 of the 9 passed AVAST but still failed Gdata, tomorrow the last will probably clear up, that's how it goes (C:\hp\bin\SetRes,exe) is the only one left; now if only C:\hp\bin\ProcessLogger.exe didn't think it was that old Mexican devilfish (chupacabra) I would be happy. I'll just wait a few more weeks to go to V8, just like I'm waiting to go to Windows8.  BTW--if you don't like the auto-update option on V8 you just have to click the ignore button for each program, and it will no longer run.  Pretty simple.  Don't usually post on the forum but enjoy following the flow.  Once everyone is smiling again I'll upgrade. Retired and loving it. ;D ;)

MoreThenYourAverageGuy

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »
Well It seems I have fixed my problem by uninstalling my current antivirus (the one i use temp. while trying to get my issue fixed) Then going into device manager and showing hidden devices, and removing all avast devices. Rebooted, Installed avast 8 everything fine, rebooted and what do ya know its fine.

I had also removed a cpuz device, unknown if that was interfering...

Glad I thought about doing that.

I want to note the the removal utility for avast does not remove these non plug and play devices
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:38:42 AM by MoreThenYourAverageGuy »