Author Topic: ANOTHER updater glitch! Doesn't see update.  (Read 1841 times)

oldbat

ANOTHER updater glitch! Doesn't see update.
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
I like the updater... except for what it's doing with Adobe Reader.  Every morning it pops me up a message saying there's an update ready for my Reader.  I click on the button and Adobe tells me "no updates available."  So this morning I took a closer look and Avast thinks I have version 9.5.3.305 and version 9.5.4 is available, but when I run Reader and look at the version, I'm already running 9.5.4 (installed through an Adobe update notice, not through the updater).  I've tried ignoring and un-ignoring the Reader, rescanning... don't really want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling.  Is there anything else I can do to make Avast recognize the version that's actually on my system, or do I have to wait for Adobe's next update and see if the problem fixes itself? 

DrHaze

Re: ANOTHER updater glitch! Doesn't see update.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
I saw this same problem on my friends laptop last night. i just let it sit there. avast can't harm anything so..eventually it will get fixed.

One thing that is great about software updater is that if you install 64 bit java it has no updater. but the the avast updater recognizes and tells you there is a 64 bit java update available..