Author Topic: Does Avast play well with IPV6?  (Read 3669 times)

NorCalTechSupport

Does Avast play well with IPV6?
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
I have been fighting my Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Server as I really don't want to open router to the outside world:
TCP 16111
UDP 6000
TCP 16103
TCP 16102
TCP 5033
TCP 16135
TCP 16136
TCP 16139
All of the above ports are open inside my network they are just blocked from the outside world by my many routers.

When I try and push an install out I end up with a great install that does not have a licenses file?

I have VPNs in place between my Data Center & all of my sites so the network is a large LAN with no blocking of the above ports.

I have tried to create an MSI file and I end up with a great installer that does not have a licenses file?

I am about to try starting all over but before I do I am wondering if Avast plays well with IPV6? My network is both IPV6 & IPV4 but most servers and workstations are using IPV6.

Is there anyone out there running Virtual Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and Avast Endpoint Protection Suite?  If so how are you handeling the push or installs of Avast on your client machines?

NorCalTechSupport

Re: Does Avast play well with IPV6?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
Turns out I missed checking the Server box where I could choose my EAS Server so it was my fault.

NorCalTechSupport

Re: Does Avast play well with IPV6?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »
OK, I got my Push Installer running.  In the Client Side task I made a new push installer and fought with it for awhile but I am getting very close using the MSI package I built last week.  By fight I mean the domain field is filled in with my subdomain and the administrative account has the same subdomail entered:  ie subdomain\admin is the admin user name.

Now I think the only thing I am fighting is a conundrum.  My MSI packake deletes my old Avast and installs the new version 7 just fine.

My MSI package when delivered with a push from Avast will result in an error simular to this one:
03/11/13 11:04:40:   InstSvc begin
03/11/13 11:04:40:   avast! Remote Install Service
03/11/13 11:04:40:   Avast is installed in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4
03/11/13 11:04:40:   DSA_FileVerify C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\Sfx\avast.setup error
03/11/13 11:04:40:   InstSvc end 0

So what I did was manually delete the old Avast from the Windows 7 Control Panel / Programs & Features

Then I tried my push routine again, the one that generated the above error and everything works.  Avast installed.  So I guess I have to find a way to delete "old" Avast from my client machines using Avast and then chain my "push" routine to the delete routine?  Does anyone have any good ideas as to why my MSI package just works from the desktop and fails from a push?