Author Topic: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)  (Read 201415 times)

thebigd

Re: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
My avast just updated and now I can no longer send email via Thunderbird, check all Thunderbird settings a still right, but its unable to connect to Google server. Can find not settings in avast that would effect that. Any suggestions?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2013, 05:24:06 PM »
My avast just updated and now I can no longer send email via Thunderbird, check all Thunderbird settings a still right, but its unable to connect to Google server. Can find not settings in avast that would effect that. Any suggestions?

Avast8 can now (by all accounts, excuse unintended pun) handle the SSL emails without having to modify your email settings in your email program.

If you previously had avast 7 you will have needed to change your email program, account settings to allow avast to scan SSL email, these changes need to be reversed, e.g set back to the SSL ports and Authentication.

Delete the entries for your email accounts in the avast Mail Shield > Settings > SSL Scanning.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »

Avast 8 hijacks the virtualisation for supposed better protection, but it has a ton of compatibility issues.

Hi Broken Hope, do you personaly have any problem with avast vitualization features, or do you just re-report other people's reports?

glenisb

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
It's official!  I hate it!  I've lost hours of work over the last week with blue screens and firefox crashing.

Up until now I have always been pretty happy with Avast but the blue screens, reboots, crashes, slowness of emails and browser is not what I've come to expect.  I shouldn't have to spend hours researching how to make a product I pay for work. 

thebigd

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
I Delete the entries for my gmail account in the avast Mail Shield > Settings > SSL Scanning, but Thunderbird still cannot send mail out via gmail. If I turn off the Mail Shield I can send mail just fine.

This is the message Thunderbird gives:

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server smtp.googlemail.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator.

true indian

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:24 AM »
It's official!  I hate it!  I've lost hours of work over the last week with blue screens and firefox crashing.

Up until now I have always been pretty happy with Avast but the blue screens, reboots, crashes, slowness of emails and browser is not what I've come to expect.  I shouldn't have to spend hours researching how to make a product I pay for work.

please try this suggestion first: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116309.msg910790#msg910790

glenisb

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2013, 07:44:21 AM »

please try this suggestion first: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116309.msg910790#msg910790
I'd rather not.  There are a few people here who are now sitting on very large paper weights that used to be functioning computers because they can no longer get into their operating systems.  I'm no technical genius so if I lose my operating system I'm in deep doo-doo. 

I'm inclined to wait for Avast to resolve the problem or just uninstall and look for something else.

babsig

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
Hi, I am a great fan of Avast, but there's a small problem I'd like to report. One minor problem that seems to occur to my system is that once I minimize a browser window in safezone (or any other program window) and then click on the tab to restore the window it does nothing. I have to right-click and select the restore window option to restore the window.

To the rest everything else seems fine, so far.

I have Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, intel i7, 4gb ram

Thanks.

Tetsuo

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »

The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server smtp.googlemail.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator.

Hello thebigd,

You may want to look at the  account settings (SMTP section) of TB which the default/suggested port for SSL (on the right hand) is and which the current port number (on the left hand) is. Just in case they don't match, you should try using the default/suggested one instead.

EDIT: grammar check - yeah, sorry for my poor English...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:19:41 PM by Tetsuo »

thebigd

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »

Hello thebigd,

You may want to look at the  account settings (SMTP section) of TB which the default/suggested port for SSL (on the right hand) is and which the current port number (on the left hand) is. Just in case they don't match, you should try using the default/suggested one instead.

I checked and they do match on both incoming and outgoing.

Tetsuo

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

Sorry, I had the same problem recently and it worked for me.
At this point I can only suggest that you check the "Standard configuration instructions" here:
http://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en&from=12103&rd=1&uls=en#ts=1665119,1665162

Also, try using "smtp.gmail.com" instead of "smtp.googlemail.com" (visit the above link for further details). Hope you can solve your issue pretty soon.

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »
I use avast antivirus internet secuiry version 8, how fitting would use nightly firefox add-on avast disappeared huh?
I try to use firefox stable, its add-on there, but just use nightly disappearing ..
nyari've tried it on google but still do not find any, please help ..
cupu

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2013, 01:26:13 AM »
Only the regular release versions are supported, nightly. alpha, beta, etc. may not be supported.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »
Only the regular release versions are supported, nightly. alpha, beta, etc. may not be supported.

use quote me please let me not get confused!
cupu

MusiqueGraeme2

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »

Hello thebigd,

I had the same problem with two different email accounts. With mail shield off it works so it seems that it must be an Avast issue to me.
Blessings
Graeme