Author Topic: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)  (Read 201972 times)

aadrien

Re: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2013, 05:44:53 PM »
Très bien ce  nouveau  Avast 8, dommage que  le  panneau principal soit  tout gris avec seulement un rectangle vert.
Il aurait été bien  et plus agréable avec des  couleurs de rectangles différentes. :o

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2013, 05:46:37 PM »
Très bien ce  nouveau  Avast 8, dommage que  le  panneau principal soit  tout gris avec seulement un rectangle vert.
Il aurait été bien  et plus agréable avec des  couleurs de rectangles différentes. :o

-> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=23.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

cinderlinda

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »
Don't know if I'm even in the right place, but, I just did the Avast update (I'm assuming it's 8), and Thunderbird tells me "Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory."  NONE of my email accounts load -- hotmail, gmail, other pop -- I have switched them all to SSL and eliminated the Mail Settings for those email acccounts in Avast's mail shield, obviously to no avail.  What next?

RESOLUTION - as it turns out, the update probably just triggered something, and I found a fix - under the user appdata, find Roaming, then Thunderbird, then the Profiles folder, open Profiles click on the random letters and delete the file "cert8" it will rebuild when you reopen Thunderbird and it worked for me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:33:20 AM by cinderlinda »

stduc

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
You don't say which O/S - however - seems SSL in Avast 8 is dodgy to say the least - certainly doesn't work for me. I'm hoping someone will notice these threads and get it fixed

You probably need to turn off SSL in Avast as well as following the instructions here

http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB91#artTitle

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »
Turning of SSL kind of negates the whole point of following the instructions in the link (to get SSL scanning to work) as you are turning of SSL scanning.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

stduc

« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
I know, but I'm hoping I can just turn it on when it gets fixed!

cinderlinda

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2013, 02:01:37 AM »
Thank you for the instructions on uploading the certificate to deal with this Thunderbird issue (BTW, my OS is Windows 7).  Can't tell you if it was a success, because, Thunderbird won't import the exported certificate -- it is in a .cer format, and the latest I could find from Mozilla says it needs to be .p12.  Any suggestions?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »
Thank you for the instructions on uploading the certificate to deal with this Thunderbird issue (BTW, my OS is Windows 7).  Can't tell you if it was a success, because, Thunderbird won't import the exported certificate -- it is in a .cer format, and the latest I could find from Mozilla says it needs to be .p12.  Any suggestions?
You need to click Import on 'Authorities' tab, not 'Your Certificates', did you?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
I know, but I'm hoping I can just turn it on when it gets fixed!
Please run regedit.exe, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avast Software\Avast and check if there is a value named bTbCert.

SteveAv

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
Has anyone sucessfully installed avast 8 on vista 64 bit?

psylosyfer

« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2013, 06:50:09 PM »
Thank You!
I'll get right on this! I do have some notes that may still be of use! Would you like to have me send an attachment?  Better yet, I'll send AFTER I do update and see if any change(s),  Collect current info. Then contact you!

Thank You!
       Ray F. Potter

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
Thank You!
I'll get right on this! I do have some notes that may still be of use! Would you like to have me send an attachment?  Better yet, I'll send AFTER I do update and see if any change(s),  Collect current info. Then contact you!

Thank You!
       Ray F. Potter
Who are you talking to ??? I think DavidR  sent you here so you could download the latest version, if you still have problems then start and new topic of your own so you'll be able to get the proper assistance.

vak1982

« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
Hi, i'd like to know if the problem with the constant cpu usage is still there or the update fixed it. I uninstalled recently Avast because i couldn't work at all with my laptop..

fethiyeman

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
Hi All,
        Might burst your bubble here Pavel, all this week Avast updater has been trying to get me to update to ver8.0.1483 against my better judgement i allowed it to go ahead, i'm an idiot!!!at restart it only got to the gold upright bars of Vista when it locked froze!! shutdown was only possible via the start button!! with the next startup in safe mode i managed to do a restore back to ver7.0.1474 and hey presto my machine and i are back together!! All today Avast again is saying upgrade i say get lost. the same problem happened a week ago, and a tech lad from avosec spent most of the day by remote trying to sort out whats wrong in the end he put ver 7 back on. i have had a no problem avast on for years ,the last three a payed for version a couple of monthe ago i renewed for 3 more years "burke" avast phone desk appears to be uninterested we don't have problems must be your machine, Any idears from anyone?
                                       disgruntled John

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
Yours may be one of the systems that needs a fresh install on a major version change

Lets reinstall Avast

Download aswClear to your Desktop.
Download the correct version of Avast 
http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
Disconnect from the net
Uninstall Avast via control panel

• Boot to Safe Mode.
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with Networking menu item
    • Press Enter.
  • Run aswClear
  • In the Select Product to Uninstall dropdown choose the version of Avast that is on your system.

• Press Uninstall
  • Once complete reboot your system to Normal Mode
  • Reinstall Avast
----------