Author Topic: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)  (Read 201965 times)

fethiyeman

Re: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1483)
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
Hi Essexboy,
                    Before i get on the subject of vers8 let me say thanks very much for replying so quickly youre a star thanks. now vers8 and your reinstall idea, not sure if i want or even capable of do;ing this reibstall!! I have had Avast since 2008 free at the start and then from 2010 a payed for version, in 2010 the upgrade took no effort on my part to install. When in dec 12 Avast took £64.99 for a renewed licence there was no mention that in a couple of months time there would be a new version out which might not be compatable with my computor without a major reinstall which makes me think the package  they did sell me is not fit for purpose for the next three years leaving me with thoughts of go'ing to credit card people to see if i can get my money back these are my thoughts at this moment essexboy perhaps i will cool down abit over the weekend!! Is the Brentwood locality anywhere near you?
                                           Regards John

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
Nope, but I used to run around Brentwood when I was a youth  ;D

The reinstall is actually very easy to do and should take no more than 10 minutes and is very nearly totally automated, you just need to press the right buttons 

fethiyeman

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
Hi Essexboy,
                    Am i alone with this problem or are there others? I will print your instructions i think that will be a help i think . Before i start do you know anything about viruses ?do these mean anything did a safemode scan and turned these two out  D:\...\4e5f216b-2e9dbb20 High Severity status threat :Other:Malware-gen (TRJ) and  D:\,,,\fancy-wherever_dividd(1).htmHigh Severity Threat:JS:Blackhole-E(Expl) gone to chest. but can't remove this one MBR:\...\PHYSICAL win.32:MBRoot-j (Trj) tryed twice in safemode with this one

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »
Follow the steps here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 and create a topic in the virus forum and I will pick it up there

IanMcRV

No Sounds :( (8.0.1483)
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »
Even totally uninstalling Avast and re-installing, checking all the settings etc. etc. etc. no-matter what I do I don't get any sounds from Avast after this update :(

I have searched this forum and followed all the advice.

I'm running Win7 64bit

Anyone else having the problem? There must be others.

psylosyfer

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »
XP, 7 64bit, 8 64bit update via GUI no problems ...  Never had any with the previous release either  ;D

Hello Again Mr. Essex!
Ray P. Again, well this time it would not let me run OTL before it blue screened and would not recover, I almost killed it on wife's PC, I used Proccess Hacker 2.3 from Source forge, I was able to "Archive it's "(RED.CAB)' Looked like the largest .cab file, Largest by far, I split it then put it on a dvd on the hidden partition, They are calling D: even though to me D: is a cd/dvd rom burner  C::D then the slashes are forward / and it looks like UNIX. (get- sda/) for example.
Sorry I keep breakink down, and not being able to follow your tried and true methods! But I think they have an internal list of websites and programs that can damgage the virus and the, Panther C++ Auto-writer, is given instructions to delete the prog. and URL's on next boot! That's the only way I can explain the logs, it produces for it's boss? I never know if It will run almost normal for days or, crappy for minutes, I had to remove the Battery (little BU one) So I was forced to disassemble the Gateway ML6732 I'ts been a beauty of an investment, the new ones are just now out performing this from 2008! $995.00 was not bad for what I got at the time.  So I have a Linux/UniX hidden partition that when it crosses over the line it runs all windows components and Nothing Detects it as a virus or worm!Not even AVAST pre boot scan, which has never failed me before!   Maybe Just A short letter on what to run and how to deal with it, If that's  possible with the info I have sent. Did you see the Log whaere the whole thing began from a "KB976932" Fake update from Msoft's server? Then The BVTBIN package using the DISManger, was moved to the c::d side and intsalled as windows 6.1-KB976932-X86.cab, then /SAND/a long alpha numeric like a reg key clsid"- CDISManager::loadImage SessionThat is how they did it!  Is this a bug you are familiar with?  No one seems to even believe mee when I tell them some of it's tricks! In fact the owner of my ISP, told me I was Lying or insane! I have proof! I dug the old hp1020 up out the garage and managed to print for a good 1/2 hour! Thanks again! I just cannot find a tool to get the permission, and delete or open the hidden Partition! I just look at it, with ProcHacker,  I really appreciate ALL the trouble you are going through on my behalf! Ray P. 530-261-0295 (just in case!) I can take Sole Ownership of a file just to get a box reading  Access Denied anyway. Same in REG. some whole branches are NO-READ, at least no write!  By for now Ray P.     You may try to CC email to sharyyyn@hotmail.com, Her PC may be mail capable! it is doing all that mine has just much slower.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2013, 12:46:37 AM »
@ psylosyfer
This really should be either in its own topic or any relevant topic you have already started as it isn't relevant to this massive topic (off-topic). e.g. for your existing topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115844.0.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fethiyeman

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
 :( Well here again am i again in safe mode after clean install!!?? of AIS which has left normal start frozen back to the restore and ver 7 i hope
                         john

Offline Keyn42

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
Всем привет.
Возможно не совсем в тему,но более подходящей не нашел.
У меня проблема с обновлением AVAST. Точнее с самопроизвольным обновлением с AVAST Free до AVAST Pro. Пробовал сносить и переустанавливать. Не помогает. На сайте в списке устройств прога тоже обновляется. В чем причина? Помогите плиз.
Оператива WINDOWS XP, SP3. Не сборка. Нормальная чистая винда. Прошла проверку на офсайте майкрософт. В настройках стоит ручное обновление программы.
На остальных аппаратах под 7 и 8 платформами такого не происходит.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »
Всем привет.
Возможно не совсем в тему,но более подходящей не нашел.
У меня проблема с обновлением AVAST. Точнее с самопроизвольным обновлением с AVAST Free до AVAST Pro. Пробовал сносить и переустанавливать. Не помогает. На сайте в списке устройств прога тоже обновляется. В чем причина? Помогите плиз.
Оператива WINDOWS XP, SP3. Не сборка. Нормальная чистая винда. Прошла проверку на офсайте майкрософт. В настройках стоит ручное обновление программы.
На остальных аппаратах под 7 и 8 платформами такого не происходит.
English please, or post in the Russian board http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=28.0

fethiyeman

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2013, 05:30:52 PM »
Hi All,
         Using the XP side of my computer to post this message, In the VISTA control panel add and remove  the only ver of ais is one downloaded today. After using aswClear and then installing todays download of ais i am back to a frozen computor? what about if i clear everything avast off the machine with awsClear and then download a fresh copy of ais this would have to be done in safe mode vista side is i worth a try? or is there a better idea out there
                     john

fethiyeman

« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
Me again, i think i have just cut my own  throat!! Totally cleared Avast from my computor, downloaded AIS clean install, on restart computer froze. again total clean . download free version avast. again computer froze. now of course i have no ver7 to fall back on. down load avg free version, install. computer working perfectly with avg?? I await your comments also is there a way of getting ver7 back afterall i do have a 3year licence.
                                                John

tkt

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2013, 04:32:31 AM »
after automatic database update, popup appear but update sound appear 10 sec. later

Sacco_SVD

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
Same here, Avast 7 went nuts when the v8 was released, all scanners disabled, no way to turn them on.

Avast said the avast service was unable to start, but I saw it running on the Service manager.

Decided to uninstall Avast, clean everything (avast folder and temporary files) restart then install avast 8 and just upon finish my computer crashed.

I couldn't boot until I restored back to the latest point which fortunately was "Avast unistall"

Windows 8 here.

Cannot use Avast until you solve this. I have read the other post about using the third party clean software and honestly I don't want to use them, why should I? Avast should fix this themselves.

JEREMY_CULSHAW

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2013, 04:43:33 AM »
Good day,
This evening, I received an update notification and Avast! updated to v8.0.1483
Upon rebooting my computer and logging back in, I was no longer able to initiate my L2TP/IPsec connection to work.
I was previously connected to my VPN before the update, now I can no longer access my work through my VPN.
I am currently running Windows 8 Pro x64.
If you could kindly provide some advise as to how I can quickly resolve this issue, I would be most appreciative.

I am a huge supporter of Avast! and all it's products. I recommend them all to my friends, family and colleagues.
I know Avast! takes these issues seriously so I have no doubt that my issue, in addition to the other people I have seen reporting the same thing, will be quickly resolved.

All the best!
Jeremy