Author Topic: Avast auto-sandbox disabled and Avast settings...  (Read 5267 times)

Seany007

Avast auto-sandbox disabled and Avast settings...
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
Hello! I use Avast free AV. I disabled my auto-sandbox as I use another. What settings I don't need in Avast in this case? Do I still need code emulation? Any other?

Thank you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast auto-sandbox disabled and Avast settings...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »
Other sandbox doesn't make analysis so i see no point in disabling Auto Sandbox... Auto Sandbox can work within another sandbox...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Seany007

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
Other sandbox doesn't make analysis so i see no point in disabling Auto Sandbox... Auto Sandbox can work within another sandbox...

My other sandbox is Comodo... Won't they conflict?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »
Not really as Comodo doesn't have a sandbox as such. It's more of a restricted environment running on top of a host system. avast! Auto Sandbox however is a 100% isolated from the host and only runs on demand when you execute a suspicious file. So technically it shouldn't interfere with Comodo in any way.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

spywar

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »
Not really as Comodo doesn't have a sandbox as such. It's more of a restricted environment running on top of a host system. avast! Auto Sandbox however is a 100% isolated from the host and only runs on demand when you execute a suspicious file. So technically it shouldn't interfere with Comodo in any way.
I did not know  :o but that seems to be logical.

tf44

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:45 PM »
hi guys,i'm new to avast and have purchased the internet security version and running on 32 bit vista home premium.was reading this thread and was wondering would autosandbox work with sandboxie.i have tried to set up avast sandbox but the plugin container for firefox would not work no matter if i allowed internet accsess.don't know if i needed to start another thread.if i did i'm sorry and don't want to mess up.

Seany007

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »

I see. Thank you. I just set it to 'ask'. :)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
hi guys,i'm new to avast and have purchased the internet security version and running on 32 bit vista home premium.was reading this thread and was wondering would autosandbox work with sandboxie.i have tried to set up avast sandbox but the plugin container for firefox would not work no matter if i allowed internet accsess.don't know if i needed to start another thread.if i did i'm sorry and don't want to mess up.
Since you are using AIS, sandboxie is not necessary. AIS has an on-demand sandbox. Just right click on an application to run the app in the sandbox.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

tf44

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 05:16:06 PM »
thanks para-noid for reply.yes i can run firefox and the plug-ins in avast sandbox now with no problems.i unchecked cache web browser's files and i think this will delete files in sandbox on closing browser i hope?overall very nice software and really like it alot,again thanks.