Author Topic: Sandbox right-click options aren't there, and sandbox settings can't be saved!  (Read 3481 times)

XO39

I just fresh-installed windows 8, and avast 8. I was so excited about the new avast 8, but that didn't last long before I got disappointed with the new version.

The main reason that I purchased avast is its sandbox, but now it's not working anymore!

The right-click context menu options for the sandbox are not there any more (Run in Sandbox, Always Run ..., ... etc).
When I go to Security -> Tools -> Sandbox -> Settings -> Parameters and check any of the options there, including (Integrate into the right click context menu), and click OK, nothing happened. In fact, non of the settings is saved. When I click the settings button again, no of the option I've checked is checked, all of the are not checked.

I even re-installed windows 8 again, and then re-installed avast again before any other program, I got the same results!

So, what's wrong? how can I fix this and re-enable the right-click context menu options?

BTW, I have the paid version: avast! Internet Security.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:27:23 PM by XO39 »

XO39

Anyone?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
try repair

controlpanel > ad remove programs > avast > uninstall > repair option..... wait to minutes and reboot

any change?

XO39

try repair

controlpanel > ad remove programs > avast > uninstall > repair option..... wait to minutes and reboot

any change?

I've done that, but nothing changed.
Even the "Run virtualized process" button doesn't work. When pressed, a window open, then whatever program I choose then click "Open", nothing happen.

Looks like the sandbox in avast! 8 is totally useless and completely broken.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
See this https://feedback.avast.com/responses/right-click-scan-not-working
I have had this issue from the get-go.  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.