Author Topic: Anyone not having problems with avast! 8.0?  (Read 21186 times)

iroc9555

Re: Anyone not having problems with avast! 8.0?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Another answer from member of Avast cult.
Look for my other posts how Avast is changing my Avast Free to Pro
without my wish.That bug should be fixed immediately.
Re-released version 7.Version 8 should be still in beta.
And for love of God remove that "Red John" smile from UI.

Sir I am not a member of any cult. I use Avast! and help here because I like it not because I am a zealot and you insult all Evangelists when you termed them members of a cult.

Now I tell you. If you look at my other posts you would see I have also reported Avast! odd behaviors or bugs and that is the reason for a forum to exist to report and find solutions. I myself have attended a few in the Spanish forum with the same kind of problem you reported, but if a solution is not found in your particular case it does not mean Avast! is not working correctly in other cases and your attitud and demeanor makes it hard for anyone to assist you.

If I can trust you when you say you have problems, then you should be able to trust others that say they are having no problems.

Well said John. Thank you.

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 04:14:36 PM »
I am just very angry and I apologize if I offended anyone.But the thing is that help from
you-Evangelists was not help at all.I respect that you're trying to help but I need answers from Avast
team or someone responsible.I need to know if they can reproduce that bug and they are working on
fix for it.As I said in previous posts this bug leaves users unprotected at the end and not all users know
how to reinstall Avast.

Offline Just_a_User

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
Windows 7 pro 64, no issues all went well from start as updated from GUI, and i love the whole packets and looks of it.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:04 PM »
Win 7 x64 SP1, no problems here either.  Unless you count as a "problem" learning to navigate the totally revamped interface.

One minor gripe, it should be made a little clearer that "scan now" now starts whatever's selected as the default type of scan.  Fine if you normally use the preset Quick Scan, but a little confusing if you consistently do a Full Scan until you've figured out the defaults system.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Win 7 x64 SP1, no problems here either.  Unless you count as a "problem" learning to navigate the totally revamped interface.

One minor gripe, it should be made a little clearer that "scan now" now starts whatever's selected as the default type of scan.  Fine if you normally use the preset Quick Scan, but a little confusing if you consistently do a Full Scan until you've figured out the defaults system.

Mike, I just noticed that. It goes to quick scan. Not good.

Thanks
printed on 100% recycled bytes

SilverCloud2003

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 12:48:38 AM »
No problems with the program itself - 1 XP machine, 1 Win7 machine...

However, I am getting constant nags to upgrade to AIS which I would love ot find a way to get rid of...

Kilia

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »
I'm doing fine so far.

jayt

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 01:35:14 AM »
I have avast 8 on an xp machine and on two win 7 machines. No problem after David R helped me get Thunderbird working. I am not particularly fond of the software updater; so, I have uninstalled that module and instead use file hippo's software updater. All in all, I love avast 8.

csave

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59:10 AM »
It went on flawlessly to 3 Win XP machines and one Win 7 x64 laptop.

But I have also run into numerous other machines that have nothing but problems trying to get version 8 on them and will not boot correctly. ESPECIALLY Vista x64 systems.

I chose to stay with version 7.0.1474 for now on them and set the 'program updates' option to 'manual' for a few months until all the bugs have been worked out.

dextermat

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 02:06:03 AM »
While the looks and functionality are great (BTW I really like avast telling me flash, java and other problematic programs that are not to up to date.)

The big problem I have is that it takes all the bandwith. I notice, when I installed the new version, that my internet connection was slower.
When I go on youtube, video are slowly getting in.

I tested my bandwidth with speedtest.net and network icontrol (program show you what programs are using bandwidth)
When I lunch speedtest, firefox utilize maximum 200.00 kbps and avast takes 800.00 kbps. When I disable avast : I get full 1000.00 kbps

But beside that, its a 8/10!! Avast is still the best antivirus out there compared to paid or free.

(I posted that in How do you like avast 8 also)

csave

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 04:42:25 AM »
Where did user abruptum get IE10 for Windows 7?

According to Microsoft, Internet Explorer 10 only supports Windows 8 or Windows RT PC.

----> From Microsoft <-----
If you want to run Internet Explorer 10 on your PC, here's what it takes:
    A Windows 8 or Windows RT PC.
    Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
    Internet access (ISP fees might apply)

Just curious............

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 06:16:49 AM »
Where did user abruptum get IE10 for Windows 7?

According to Microsoft, Internet Explorer 10 only supports Windows 8 or Windows RT PC.

----> From Microsoft <-----

Just curious............

I have IE 10 on my Windows 7 computers. I think you got bad info.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

printed on 100% recycled bytes

kevpan815

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
IE 10.0 was just released (to the Microsoft Download Center) for Windows 7 on February 25th, 2013 (which is easy for me to remember because my Dad was born on February 25th, NOT telling what year) however, it still has NOT been pushed to Windows Update for Windows 7 yet, Just FYI.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
IE 10 was offered on Windows Update on Tuesday, March 12 for Windows 7 SP1.  I did the security update for IE 9 and a few other updates in one session, restarted Windows when prompted, and then allowed the IE 10 update.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

csave

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
Good to know. When you click on the link that jadinolf provided (which was where I found the information) and click on 'System Requirements', Microsoft still shows the following requirements:

I guess Microsoft needs to update their system requirements notice. But I guess since this isn't a forum for Microsoft, that's another topic for another day.

Thanks for clarifying.  :)