Author Topic: Can Avast be used just as an AV scanner without shield?  (Read 3318 times)

Southern Man

Can Avast be used just as an AV scanner without shield?
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:10:57 PM »
Hi can i use AVAST just as an AV scanner without the shield?,if i download the program can i custom install it without the WEB SHIELD ENABLED,because i have AVG as my main AV program with GUARD ENABLED?

Thanks

Southern Man

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can Avast be used just as an AV scanner without shield?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 09:17:54 PM »
Hi can i use AVAST just as an AV scanner without the shield?,if i download the program can i custom install it without the WEB SHIELD ENABLED,because i have AVG as my main AV program with GUARD ENABLED? Thanks Southern Man

Yes you can.
You can choose not installing the providers or disabling them after installation.
But I'll suggest the contrary, avast as resident and AVG as the second (not resident)  ;D (Oh, forget so say: I have this situation in my computer...).
The best things in life are free.

Southern Man

Re: Can Avast be used just as an AV scanner without shield?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 03:02:28 PM »
Hi can i use AVAST just as an AV scanner without the shield?,if i download the program can i custom install it without the WEB SHIELD ENABLED,because i have AVG as my main AV program with GUARD ENABLED? Thanks Southern Man

Yes you can.
You can choose not installing the providers or disabling them after installation.
But I'll suggest the contrary, avast as resident and AVG as the second (not resident) ;D (Oh, forget so say: I have this situation in my computer...).

Thanks for your helpful advice,if i can get the problem of the GREEN SCREEN abd GREEN TOOLBAR resolved i will go with you on this,thanks again.