Author Topic: system security displays off  (Read 3946 times)

Offline ouchagain

system security displays off
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
I paid for the Avast and I paid a tech to clean my machine , via, online.  I can not sign in on the program Account area when I place my e-mail address it sits and spins and then is rejected. I have paid close to $200.00 in the last few days, I have not ever received a email except the  ones to verify I paid out all that to end up showing as "System Unprotected " On your web and it still says I am operating on the free program not paid program. I phoned in about this and was told they were the wrong people to help . They told me to contact customer service, not the technicians? This is a technical problem and Theft if they don't fix it.
thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: system security displays off
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
Third-party Support Manager (Vojta), has requested info about 3rd party support issues, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, and see the above post link, etc.), give the link to this topic.

nekvapil (at) avast (dot) com
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Third-party Support Manager (Vojta), has requested info about 3rd party support issues, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, and see the above post link, etc.), give the link to this topic.

what exactly is 3rd party support? I have no real knowledge of your computer language and I do own this windows Xp and I did purchase Avast , so what exactly do you mean by third party
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:49:59 PM by ouchagain »

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »

I phoned and made a purchase of the Avast and did get a receipt, but it would not take my email address and left my computer unprotected for a few days so I phone on March 11, 2012 and gave a card number to pay for on line support and the Technician , Dan , was to clean and make fixes. That took a few hours . I now have 3 different phone numbers to make contact , the first one now tells me that they can't help me with the registration of a product I bought for a computer I own. I am not sure what phone number to use  now , due to the fact that many of the errors that were supposed to be cleaned out are  still there, and or new ones replaced them and I can not show that my system is secure on your web. There is a red X on the product that seems to be saying " Time to Purchase" and I have already made that purchase.

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
avast! Internet security V8 1 PC 1 year download 03/10/13  and I am running
Windows XP 32 bit
SP3 but that SP3 was some how deleted by the on line technician to fix IE8 that was not working right ,
 a new SP3 auto update was sent to my computer just after I ended the on line repair by your tech. I still  have tons of errors some of them for PaintShopPro that got stolen . I can't register the program correctly when I go to that log in on the program where is says account I place in my e-mail address and it won't take

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 11:48:16 PM »
what exactly is 3rd party support? I have no real knowledge of your computer language and I do own this windows Xp and I did purchase Avast , so what exactly do you mean by third party

Presumably you contacted telephone support (this is provided by a 3rd party, not avast) ?

Because you had a bad experience, you should email the avast email that I gave, which I have obfuscated to stop it being harvested by a spambot. turn that into a normal email address using the normal email format for (at)  =  @ and (dot)  = . to convert it to an email.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »

My email says that address is not recognized

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 12:09:51 AM »
if you click the quote button, then you dont have to copy and paste what you want to quote.  ;)

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »
Thank you Pond but I recently had eye surgery and I'm not finding this easy or fun

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »
Thank you Pond but I recently had eye surgery and I'm not finding this easy or fun
quote button is in top right corner of every post

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 12:33:31 AM »
if you click the quote button, then you dont have to copy and paste what you want to quote.  ;)
Now I have a Blue Screen and all icons missing

Offline ouchagain

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »

I used the same number from this web site