Author Topic: Avast - unsecured  (Read 7049 times)

Mr Wonderstuff

Avast - unsecured
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:59:19 AM »
I am helping a friend whose Avast currently shows unsecured. Repairing doesn't work and brings up a message about another program wanting to shut down Avast. Uninstalled Avast using the uninstall tool and reinstalled...worked fine but on bootup reverted back to unsecured. Will post logs...

Mr Wonderstuff

Re: Avast - unsecured
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
ADW Cleaner

Mr Wonderstuff

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
MBAM

Mr Wonderstuff

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
OTL

Mr Wonderstuff

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:04:04 PM »
aswMBR

Dezarius

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »
I am helping a friend whose Avast currently shows unsecured. Repairing doesn't work and brings up a message about another program wanting to shut down Avast. Uninstalled Avast using the uninstall tool and reinstalled...worked fine but on bootup reverted back to unsecured. Will post logs...

I am having a similar problem. All of a sudden Avast shows as "unsecured" and "Not registred" 0 days remaining. Repair or resolve all doesn't work. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and registered for a new key- worked until I rebooted then it was back to unsecured "not registered". Been using Avast for years but this is new.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
<snip quote>
I am having a similar problem. All of a sudden Avast shows as "unsecured" and "Not registred" 0 days remaining. Repair or resolve all doesn't work. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and registered for a new key- worked until I rebooted then it was back to unsecured "not registered". Been using Avast for years but this is new.

Ideally this should be in your own new topic as it may not be the same issue.

This is for both of you to try if it doesn't work for Dezarius then please start your own new topic so as not to confuse this one.
- Download the latest version of avast, 8.0.1483 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all versions).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that (as appears to be the case) start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, it will request it be run from safe mode (and will handle the boot into safe mode), first for 7.x if previously installed and then for 8.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

This needs to be followed exactly including running the uninstall for the previous and current version of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »
Did you have Zone Alarm installed on this system ?

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
:OTL
O3 - HKU\S-1-5-21-3210009278-534637584-3471716444-1001\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (ZoneAlarm Toolbar) - {EE2AC4E5-B0B0-4EC6-88A9-BCA1A32AB107} - C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\TrustChecker\bin\TrustCheckerIEPlugin.dll File not found
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-21-3210009278-534637584-3471716444-1001..\Run: [MobileDocuments] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ubd.exe File not found

:Commands
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.