Author Topic: "Blackscreen" syndrome  (Read 66462 times)

Meyers07

Re: "Blackscreen" syndrome
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
The windows would not start at all. It was a black screen with an hourglass.
I pushed the power switch and shut it down, then restarted it. I eventually used F8 and tried Safe Mode, no luck. So I used F8 then selected "Boot from last good configuration" or something like that. That worked, but Avast is broken.

hello,

Same yesterday when I wanted to reboot my pc (wxp pro Sp3 - intel PIV).

Strange because it wasn't the first time I rebooted since 8.0.1483 version.(the 2 or 3 other were ok)
nb:avast 8 was updated from v7 (no clean install).

With "Boot from last good configuration" it's ok now (even all shields)

Pretty much the same thing too, except that i do a clean install on an reinstalled OS. It ruined Avast's trust to me to the point that i didn't trust that Mobile Security in fear of bricking Android... at least AVG's and Avira's worst thing is that it causes only false-positive during my time of using it.

Currently staying on Avast Free 7 because for a year it reliably protects me... with very few false positives and no problem, also very lightweight on my laptop (Aspire 4315, quite old). And how i'm installing it, i'm reversing the date/time to March 2012 before installing, then a legit free key, even if it registered in 2013, are doing it very well with little to no problems. Then i move back to current date, and installing the VPS update (still compatible!) separately.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »
hello,

2 times : in may and yesterday I had Bluescreen:
C000021a Erreur système irrécupérable
Le processus systeme session manager Initialization s'est terminé de façon inattendue

nothing to do (restore , last good config,...)

I don't know why but the only was was to do a avast clean install , and yesterday too.

Strange that avast cause main trouble on my pc (more than a virus itself)....? >:(

Muzzerboy

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 05:32:26 AM »
The fact that the task manager is being killed is the reason I suggested checking for an infection.

Thats fair, and why I scanned at all since I couldnt see a good reason it was happening. Would love avast to put out a bootable fix for this...

PLEASE PLEASE put out a bootable fix. I can't get to the desktop and I can't get to Task Manager. I'm completely stuffed unless I fancy a complete reinstall and losing all settings, apps, files etc. This is a complete disgrace and my PC is bricked.

Muzzerboy

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2013, 03:56:20 AM »
Still no fix I see. Avast has gone very quiet. A bit like my PC which is still sitting there useless. A bit like Avast?

Monumental support lads! At least some words of encouragement might be helpful at this stage?

Hello???

Muzzerboy

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2013, 06:27:48 AM »
Still nothing?

In the meantime, how about something like:

"We apologise for shipping a duff installation that has rendered you machine totally inoperable. As a professional outfit that cares about our customer experience and brand reputation, we would like to reassure you that we are doing our level best to come up with a fix that will enable you to recover your installation without having to completely reinstall your OS and all its applications and settings. While this may take some time, we would like to reassure you that we are working around the clock to understand how this was possible, how to fix it in such a way that we can minimise any inconvenience to you and how to put safeguards in place to ensure it is less likely to happen again."

Or:
"Sorry we shipped a shit installation that screwed up your machine. Tough titty. Did you seriously think we'd actually help you to fix it? Meanwhile you can whistle Dixie because we sure as hell aren't going to waste our time fixing your problems or admitting we screwed up in any way. Besides, we can make up for the negative impact by simply running extra promotions and giving away licences to other punters."

What do you think?

computechnopro

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
I use Windows 8 Pro x64 with avast! 8 Premier and another pc Windows 8 pro x32 with avast! Free anitivirus.

After installing avast! 2 problem happened:
1. After login "blank screen" happened! and
2. "Change PC settings" option not start!

I solved those problems by adding 2 file in Behavior Shield > Trusted Process. The file 2 are:
1. C:\Windows\explorer.exe [solve "blank screen" problem]
2. CWindows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe [Solve "Change PC settings" running problem]

Those problem also solved by unchecking "Monitor the system for unauthorized modifications" in Behavior Shield settings.

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T ACCESS TASK MANAGER(Crash) or SAFE MODE, I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER METHOD..

After login, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then, click on the Power button. It'll show some error, click OK.
Then, there will be an Error Report. Click on More Details, Scroll down & click on the last Hyperlink (Blue, underlined test). This will open text report in Wordpad.
Click File -> Open. Select All Documents from the dropdown menu at the right-bottom of the window.
Browse to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast" & look for AvastUI, Right-click on it & Run as Administrator..
Now you can add the explorer.exe & SystemSettings.exe to Behavioral Shield exceptions as mentioned everywhere.. Restart...
Enjoy!!

ManFromOz

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »
Hi all,
if you have experience with "blackscreen" syndrome after installing/updating avast!, could you please give us a hint whether you have some other
security software installed (e.g. Online Armor)?

thanks a lot,
Pavel

Well, after a clean windows install after removing McCrap then the McCrap removal tool, installing all Windows updates including Service Pack 1, I first got a BSOD.  Un-installing avast in Safe Mode, running the avast removal tool, rebooting and reinstalling avast free I too got a black screen with no option [but] to start from scratch once again. It wasn't a back-lit grey screen, just black - no backlight.   'ctrl+alt+delete' did not respond, or at least, gave no visible response.  So much for my previous experience - back to a paid for product for me.  :(

Edit: Clarified Subject.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:50:19 AM by ManFromOz »

gbreaker

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
I use Windows 8 Pro x64 with avast! 8 Premier and another pc Windows 8 pro x32 with avast! Free anitivirus.

After installing avast! 2 problem happened:
1. After login "blank screen" happened! and
2. "Change PC settings" option not start!

I solved those problems by adding 2 file in Behavior Shield > Trusted Process. The file 2 are:
1. C:\Windows\explorer.exe [solve "blank screen" problem]
2. CWindows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe [Solve "Change PC settings" running problem]

Those problem also solved by unchecking "Monitor the system for unauthorized modifications" in Behavior Shield settings.

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T ACCESS TASK MANAGER(Crash) or SAFE MODE, I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER METHOD..

After login, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then, click on the Power button. It'll show some error, click OK.
Then, there will be an Error Report. Click on More Details, Scroll down & click on the last Hyperlink (Blue, underlined test). This will open text report in Wordpad.
Click File -> Open. Select All Documents from the dropdown menu at the right-bottom of the window.
Browse to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast" & look for AvastUI, Right-click on it & Run as Administrator..
Now you can add the explorer.exe & SystemSettings.exe to Behavioral Shield exceptions as mentioned everywhere.. Restart...
Enjoy!!

I try this and I have some error but it not show an error report and it not have more detail
What will i do   
I can't open task manager     

I try to go to safe mode but it will go to blink blank screen

and the another method it show error but it not have more detail

anyone  have another method for fix it please tell me

i don't want to format my drive