Author Topic: EScript.api in Adobe Reader folder detected as threat - False positive?  (Read 14746 times)

Spline64

Re: EScript.api in Adobe Reader folder detected as threat - False positive?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
Polonus,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did report this as a false positive.

Thanks,
Spline

Bill_n_miami

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:28 PM »
Hi all,

New to the forum. Had the same problem today with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.5.4 sending the escript.api file to the virus chest and rendering Acrobat useless. Wouldn't open or anything. So I went to the virus chest and right clicked the escript file and clicked Restore. Acrobat is working fine now. Don't know if this will help anyone but thought I would share as it seems to have resolved my Acrobat malfunction issue without having to re-install the program.

nannunannu

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 05:28:15 PM »
Hi all,

New to the forum. Had the same problem today with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.5.4 sending the escript.api file to the virus chest and rendering Acrobat useless. Wouldn't open or anything. So I went to the virus chest and right clicked the escript file and clicked Restore. Acrobat is working fine now. Don't know if this will help anyone but thought I would share as it seems to have resolved my Acrobat malfunction issue without having to re-install the program.

The trouble starts when you have to go do that on 80 machines.  :(