Author Topic: Flash Settings Changed But Not By Me  (Read 2064 times)

UserA789

Flash Settings Changed But Not By Me
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »
TO BE CLEAR IM PULLING SEPARATE PEICES OF ONE THREAD THAT ARE ALL DIFFERENT TO BREAK DOWN THE PROBLEM... NOTHING MORE.

Wanted to say that before someone tries to report me as breaking forum policy.  I have another thread that has ended up becoming a 'vent-all' thread due to the varying answers and other users comments.  These separate problems, when examind as just that, might get something solved and save one consumer from saying 'screw this all toghether'  >:(

Okay, so my flash 'privacy' settings got changed without any intervention from me.  This was first noticed after wondering why I couldnt see certain things on the 'Avast Report' webpage when you click on the Avast has been updated' popup, but then the next day like majoc I could see the data.  After going through some of my own troubleshooting steps I discovered that my flash 'privacy' settings had been set to allow communication rather than 'block all'.  While my query as to what was wrong has now been answered; Im now curios, with Avasts great protection, how these settings could have been changed?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:12:41 AM by UserA789 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Flash Settings Changed But Not By Me
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
avast! does not change local settings, never did.
Which are these "flash 'privacy' settings" you're talking about?
The best things in life are free.

UserA789

Re: Flash Settings Changed But Not By Me
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:12:21 AM »
avast! does not change local settings, never did.
Which are these "flash 'privacy' settings" you're talking about?
I never meant to suggest that Avast! changed mny settings; however I felt it a security concern that SOMETHING chagned them while I was using Avast to protect me.

Upon further investigation; it may have been through a flash update... which would make this a COMEPLTLY non-Avast issue, but thanks for repsponding.

I just wanted to get this thread closed, thats why Iv replied to it with its age.